Active Topics

I've tried flashing to the 2006 final OS as well as the updated version of it. Then when I try to install Mediastreamer via the Application Manager, it says it cannot download the file. If I download it myself from Opera and then install, it complains that the .deb is invalid. Is anyone else experiencing this? Notably it seems to be happening for other Nokia-supported packages, including the themes!

I updated today to the new firmware.
after that I installed the programs again.

Mediastreamer didn't work.
Same problem as you had.
It told me that clinkc was missing.
I downloaded clinkc, but it refused to install on the new machine.

Very frustrating. Any solution for this problem?

EDIT:
Installing maemochron fails becaus python2.4-hildon can't be found...
why are these insatllations fialing after the firmware update?

Last edited by count zero; 2007-01-06 at 20:51.

No, I've had absolutely no luck after trying everything I could think of. If I come across a solution, I will be sure to post it.

Just to clarify what I'm seeing: I am unable to install Mediastreamer from the Application Manager. It pops up a message saying "Unable to download. Package not found." I'm using the default packge repositories, and yes I've refreshed them.

If I browse to the archive directly (http://catalogue.tableteer.nokia.com/certified) and download the clinkc-av0_1.0-12_armel.deb package, the Application Manager says "Unable to install. Incompatible package."

I was able to install theme-lila_1.9.18-2_all.deb by grabbing it directly, though the Application Manager wasn't able to download it.

It seems that the packages list is pointing to pool/bora, but it does not contain the clinkc-av package or any theme packages. The pool/mistral area contains all the packages, but they're incompatible with the lastest OS. At least that's my guess right now.

I have had exactly the same problem since acquiring my 770 from eBay last week. I upgraded to the latest software version 39-14 on receiving the tablet, and have been unable to install any new applications since - particularly galling since I bought the tablet to make use of mediastreamer. I get "Unable to Download. Package not found" from Application Manager - even with the latest refresh. If I download the packages from Maemo.org and then try to install from file, the main package fails because clinkc-av isn't available, but clinkc-av gives "Incompatible package" - very frustrating.

Chartreuse's explanation seems plausible - does anyone know if a solution is being worked on?

It would give some comfort if there was somewhere to report these things - but as a newbie I haven't been able to find anywhere yet. Is there a forum which is watched by the people who run Tableteer?

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Finland
I have exactly the same problem. It would be nice if this could be resolved.