Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I'm fairly sure Jolla will start the naming scheme from the letter"A" now, since it is running out of alphabets pretty soon and version 2 should restart the naming in any case

So my vote goes to "Aakenusjärvi"
1.0.0.5 was Kaajanlampi, not A-something, so no.

Originally Posted by Larswad View Post
I wonder if 2.0 is like "new new", like a new branch of 1.x (with updates for all 1.x fixes of course) or if its just another sequel to the last 1.x upgrade.

Maybe it's like it depends, I mean if its installed on a tablet it is this 2.x flavor of sorts, but if installed on a mobile its that 1.x flavor instead?

Anyone knows anything?
It was already stated by Jolla, version numbers will continue 1.x, 2.0 is just marketing name.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Sailfish 1.0 first initial public release was named Kaajanlampi. So that's why my guess starting with K and not with A. History use to repeat itself.
Only those who do not learn from history are bound to repeat it

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
maybe they will start to call it totally something else, like something everyone knows how to pronounce

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
maybe they will start to call it totally something else, like something everyone knows how to pronounce
Like: hoʻikau moana wai :P

The Following User Says Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Like: hoʻikau moana wai :P
TheGreatWhiteSharkOS. And Jolla shall be namEd... Submarine.

Instead of president, Ceo, coo, Cto...commander, captain, navigator and missile launcher... The rest of the crew can keep their sailor names.

It would also be preferred if press release commander ended all press released "Over and out" so we know it over.

affirmative?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-05-07 at 15:17.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Larswad View Post
I wonder if 2.0 is like "new new", like a new branch of 1.x (with updates for all 1.x fixes of course) or if its just another sequel to the last 1.x upgrade.

Maybe it's like it depends, I mean if its installed on a tablet it is this 2.x flavor of sorts, but if installed on a mobile its that 1.x flavor instead?

Anyone knows anything?
It's new new. Look at YouTube, there's a demo video of 2.x on the Jolla Phone at MWC 2015.

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Finland
Hmm...
Saimaa might be too big.
How about Kivijärvi?

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
So my vote goes to "Aakenusjärvi"

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
1.0.0.5 was Kaajanlampi, not A-something, so no.
I'd imagine earlier lakes A...J were internal releases, and Kaajanlampi was only one in a long series, what happened to be the current one when the device was released.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Äteritsiputeritsipuolilautatsijänkä

OS 2 does look nice.
I was wondering if they would enable the little icons in the thumbnails rather than having a left/right drag to activate them.

Good job Jolla are not a Welsh company. They would probably hit us with Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
It was already stated by Jolla, version numbers will continue 1.x, 2.0 is just marketing name.
Link to source, please?