Originally Posted by zenecho View Post
just leaving this here - you are not alone

https://zenecho.com/15min.php

February 2005: Linux Format LX63

Star letter! I have no idea why they went for "Smell the glove" sounds a little pervy to me.
It's from Spinal Tap:
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...mell+the+glove

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to skanky For This Useful Post:
Skanky

Blimey, its taken me 10 years to find that out! -thanks

Normal service will now be resumed....

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zenecho For This Useful Post:
The wifi drops dead issue seems to be a more general issue as bluetooth is also affected.

So as soon as I start using wifi on the tablet while its charging it drops dead together with bluetooth.
If no one else can confirm that bug I might have a faulty device. Not sure if contacting care will help here as I definitely don't get any repair or new device I assume.
Still a strange thing that it works flawslessly when not charging. (so a software issue might still be the culprit)

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
llelectronics

I just tested my 32GB Chimport Tablet. It works fine with a Bluetooth Keyboard, and accessing the WIFI network whilst charging via a standard USB power brick - ie not charging via a PC.

I guess yours has a problem - sorry

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zenecho For This Useful Post:
Yeah tablet seems to be broken. Since morning after I was so foolish to check a website while it was charging no wireless and no bluetooth.
I also thought maybe a recovery reset could solve it. Though nope even after that still the same problem.
I turned it now off. Maybe tomorrow when I turn it on again it works again (at least last time it worked reviving the wifi chip).

Though in general it seems to me more and more I have a faulty device.
What bugs me is that there is a dent on the back that I definitely did not had before (when I was unboxing it) and since then I was keeping it in the lastu case almost always (except when I suspected the lastu case magnets interfering).
So maybe it ran hot so hot that something broke inside and was able to dent the backcover !?

I am not sure but it looks like my days of fun and playing on the Jolla tablet are over. (And no I for now don't think contacting jolla care would help as they stated they have no parts anymore so repairing falls flat and I doubt they will replace my unit completely)

PS: The irony is that a few days ago I recorded a podcast reviewing the tablet basically and answering questions. And I praised the tablet there as it was running fine :P

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Try Jolla care. The device still comes with a warranty, and there's been speculation they must have kept a few spare tablets to that end.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by llelectronics View Post
And no I for now don't think contacting jolla care would help as they stated they have no parts anymore so repairing falls flat and I doubt they will replace my unit completely
You should ACT fast!
Rumor has it there will be another round of invites for still unclaimed tablets and a swap could be possible untill all are gone!
try try try. Its your last chance.

The Following User Says Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Hey thanks for all the comments.

But don't be to concerned. I think I fixed the issue. At least today I took the tablet apart (so warranty is gone for good anyways) and
1) now I know why I have so bad wifi reception (the wifi antenna is a joke in my opinion [see the photo])
2) I think I found a loose cable after replugging it and testing the tablet I got wifi again and was able to activate the jolla account download apps and install the update for SF OS 2.0.1

Here the one shot showing the Wifi/Bt antenna and the GPS antenna.
And yes this is basically a sticker nothing more :P

All in all if someone someday needs to take apart the Jolla Tablet he knows now who to ask

I personally would also give the Jolla Tablet a ifixit rate of 8 out of 10.
The only flimsy and little bit hard thing to get of is the bottom rounded plastic edge (where the microphone sits).
The upper part can be easily opened and the screws to take the backcover apart (including the white edges left and right) are all cross type screws (2 types the ones on the top are little bit longer then the ones on the bottom).
Then there are some plastic clips on the top and bottom holding the display part (which includes the mainboard) that can be easily uncliped and voila you have your Jolla Tablet open.
Easy as pie

Anyhow I know thats not for everyone and some might be already banging their heads on the table because I took it apart.
But it was a fun experience and I have a working device now :P

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by llelectronics View Post
i have a working device now
Thats the spirit!
DIY FTW.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Hi. For anyone using patchmanager on their tablet can they confirm that the following paths are there. Thanks!

/usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/qml

/opt/patchmanager/backups/usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/qml/

Last edited by mscion; 2016-04-22 at 13:15.

The Following User Says Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfishos