Posts: 362 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy, Lombardia
Originally Posted by pali View Post
I know twl4030 part of u-boot source code. And this new definitions are not used in u-boot. I added it because in next commits I need use twl4030 regulator for enable eMMC...
Twl4030 is the power management chip (as you of course know), so the problem could be around it.

If u-boot without some RX51 patches doesn't have the problem and if you tell that some TWL4030's patches are used only by your code one possible conclusion is that it is your TWL4030 code that generates the high power consumption problem.

I haven't a working SDK so I can't check myself, but if someone can compile u-boot without TWL4030 extra code we can check this supposition.

I'll try to ask the source code/binary from my friend(after weekend) since she isn't online unless weekdays. or unless pali can provide us a copy without that commit to test. I also like to try it but the new rx51.c code depends on that commit and thats just the limit of my C programming skills scared of messing up with that part of my phone. lol

The Following User Says Thank You to Radicalz38 For This Useful Post:
Ok. I try to disable twl4030 regulator (but then eMMC not working) if this is that problem.

Hmmm I'm not really good at these things + I haven't looked at into twl's documentation but I got a feeling this code snippet is the cause.. What do you think?

PHP Code:
twl4030_pmrecv_vsel_cfg(TWL4030_PM_RECEIVER_VSIM_DEDICATED,
TWL4030_PM_RECEIVER_VSIM_VSEL_18,
TWL4030_PM_RECEIVER_VSIM_DEV_GRP,
TWL4030_PM_RECEIVER_DEV_GRP_P1); 

I disabled all twl4030 pm code (your written code too) and all mmc code.
But it did not help.

:/ sorry for the trouble and false hope pali... Will ask my friend by monday maybe he did something else other that the twl code.

btw follow up question pali... Is it possible that the power consumption issue is from mainstream? If no I might try making binaries and seperate your patches to know which one is the cause.

I try to start commenting rx51 code and maybe I find line which cause problems. We can hope that problem is here and not in u-boot...

But if not I starting binary searching u-boot master upstream commit which could bring n900 power problem. (Rebasing rx51 patches on top of each tested commit...). This spends a lot of time and it is hard manuall work

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Sorry about that... That power consumption bug is really a major and showstopper bug for me. As it heats up my n900 even on idle usage + it reduces 1 to 3% of battery life per 30 mins on a starving profile from KP.

If you won't mind please post the tests, changes & results you have from rx51 code after you test cause I might try to continue your work later in case you still haven't found the problem.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
question: is kp49+uboot.bin.new the same as stable kp49 in devel or are there any changes.
Also, I would like to report that I also have the power consumption problem. 12 hours from full to empty (off) with cellular reception (fair), wifi on, no IM accounts enabled and NO use, it was just sitting on the table. I just checked the time once at about 10 hours after unplugging, battery was almost empty. If I flash kp49 without u-boot this is going to be remedied?

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob