Active Topics

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Originally Posted by ag2 View Post
The MAC address changed, but wireless didn't work afterwards.
That's what I meant when I said it wasn't working.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Overcharging doesn't make it ok to not pay for their service. If you think they're asking too much for a product, don't buy it.

Yeah, no ish...

I paid the freight early on for the future usability karma... To date though, it looks like they took the money and ran.
No usability improvements and the big one... You can not "upgrade (the) devices firmware unless (you) agree to a 36 month subscription licensing change".

BTW, I didn't say I agreed with the ethics of either party... My feelings on the subject were best described in this post that I have reprinted here for my ammusement...

Originally Posted by YoDude View Post

Having been a Navicore/Wayfinder user since the begining on the N800 >>http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ead.php?t=6380

I have favorably reviewed and used the product since >>http://my.opera.com/yodude/blog/2007...e-screen-shots

So... while waiting for this "Wayfinder" upgrade I was hoping this app would have improved. It has not.

IMHO, a better alternative to purchasing the "Wayfinder" app for either the N800 or the N810 @ $129 for 36 months would be to purchase a stand alone car navigator for the same or less..

>> https://shop.wayfinder.com/productgr...id=81&catid=15

VS.

>> $129.00 or $99.00

You will get the features you want, quicker GPS fix, and although they are smaller screen sizes than the N800/10's, they actually show about the same size map when in the navigation mode.

VS.

No one has been a bigger fan of the Navicore/Wayfinder app than me on this site. However, if the tablets are to be a consumer device then IMHO, consumers should vote with their $$$'s and purchase alternatives until someone produces an app that utilizes the tablets full potential.

Wayfinder could have been so much more than this sophomoric effort that they have presented us.
IMHO, consumers should vote with their $$$'s (and avoid this upgrade or) purchase alternatives until someone produces an app that utilizes the tablets full potential.
Vote with your pocket book.

Last edited by YoDude; 2007-12-21 at 11:02.

Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
Vote with your pocket book.
That's what I did. I'm looking at my brand-new Garmin Nuvi 350 sitting next to my N800. Initially, I was hot for the N810...now I'm very glad I didn't get one.

When I try to install macchanger, it gives me an error "incompatible application package". I'm using the latest OS2008 on the N800.
any ideas?

Last edited by Aciv; 2007-12-23 at 01:13.

Originally Posted by Pretoriano View Post
For me, macchanger always work. And it's very difficult to get another internet tablet user mac adress, if not impossible .
Most users change only one number. If you change only one of the last numbers, the chance to get a n800 mac is very high.

Apart from that, chances are high that non internet tablet macs will be blocked soon.

Unlimited testing time should be doable with little fix in /home/user/.navicore too

After I changed the maemo repository url's to repostory, macchanger installed fine. I disconnected from the lan. I installed becomeroot and then ran xterm and entered sudo gainroot. Then I ran MACchanger and changed the MAC. Then I exited Xterm. When I tried to re-connect to the lan it couldn't do it until I rebooted which reverts the MAC back to it's original value. I don't think this crack works, and the instructions are wrong. Entering sudo gainroot without first installing becomeroot will get you nowhere.

Last edited by Aciv; 2007-12-25 at 05:37.

I'm all for this as a method of payback for Nokia's sorry-assed handling of their repositories (you know, the ones that don't work or are mispelled), piss-poor map clients in general, including the one on my N95-3 that Garmin's excellent product replaced long ago. Never can get a map to download so I'm all for pirating the hell out of it and driving their mapping business into the ground.
They've expanded into too many places too fast and are letting things fall apart in their "core" business. I hope people lose jobs over it. Whomever runs their map download servers needs to be instantly fired or at least shoved under a moving bus while holding a kitten.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by iball View Post
I'm all for this as a method of payback for Nokia's sorry-assed handling of their repositories (you know, the ones that don't work or are mispelled), piss-poor map clients in general, including the one on my N95-3 that Garmin's excellent product replaced long ago. Never can get a map to download so I'm all for pirating the hell out of it and driving their mapping business into the ground.
They've expanded into too many places too fast and are letting things fall apart in their "core" business. I hope people lose jobs over it. Whomever runs their map download servers needs to be instantly fired or at least shoved under a moving bus while holding a kitten.
Pfft.

If it really bothers you that much, don't buy anymore tablets. Not paying for **** because they bungled an OS release isn't a legal recourse and doesn't give you the moral high ground.

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
I suggest that if you cant hang with the pirates , get back on shore with the rest of the landlubbers. AAAAARRRGH lol

Posts: 345 | Thanked: 467 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Germany
For me the address change using "ifconfig wlan0 hw ether ..." just worked fine. And the wireless connection could be re-established after that using the new address. So no need to use a bluetooth phone here.

Tags
customers?, middlefinger