Notices

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lima-Peru
Lol You are great! Me like =)

Have my N900 since 2010 and still is my main phone!

I'm Making money viewing Ads Here Now making money to donate to the forum

Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Ok, for those folks interested in having a mute button on the main tab, what do you think about this sort of layout:
Man, I´ve registered just to encourage you to continue with the work. thank you

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
This app just works. Period. Thank you very much.
It's so good, I have just uninstalled irreco.

IMO the layout with the mute button on the Main page would be great.

I noticed the GUI isn't perfect in portrait. Text over laps the buttons and the tabs run off the screen.
Although you can't properly use the IR holding the device in portrait anyway.

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
It's so good, I have just uninstalled irreco.
Yeah, actually, it was my frustration with irreco/qtirreco that drove me to write Pierogi in the first place. I just think their design is wrong-headed from the ground up... But then they built their system around the LIRC server, and LIRC tends to force you into controlling IR in one particular way.

I noticed the GUI isn't perfect in portrait. Text over laps the buttons and the tabs run off the screen.
Yes, others have noticed this too! You know, I have not even tried to run it in portrait mode yet -- I set the flag that says "landscape mode only for this app", but of course, the CSSU can ignore that flag.

I do want to do something to support portrait mode eventually (if only to keep the app from looking ugly), but yeah, it's a real hassle to try and use the IR port when you're holding the phone vertically. I would prefer that folks just always use it in landscape. (Do you know if maybe there's a "No, I really mean it, don't ever display this app in portrait mode" flag in the CSSU? )

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Another question for Pierogi users: right now, I've got Pierogi listed under the "Utilities" category in the repository (the same category used by QtIrreco). It's been brought to my attention that "Multimedia" would be a better choice -- even though the app has no multimedia features itself, it really is mostly intended for controlling video and audio devices. I think I agree with this, but I figured I should check out what other folks think...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
I do want to do something to support portrait mode eventually (if only to keep the app from looking ugly), but yeah, it's a real hassle to try and use the IR port when you're holding the phone vertically. I would prefer that folks just always use it in landscape. (Do you know if maybe there's a "No, I really mean it, don't ever display this app in portrait mode" flag in the CSSU? )
Only to add it to the blacklist in.
/usr/share/hildon-desktop/transition.ini
But most CSSU/TMO members can/would do this them self.

It would be nice to work in portrait even if the IR is on the side.
I actually have been playing with holding the device "portrait, wrong way round" and the IR works okay were my TV is.

There some thing about remote's that makes you want to hold the device in portrait.

Is it possible to wrap the text in the buttons and have kinetic scrolling to change tabs as a solution?

IMO I would class it as a Ulitity.
Also I would add "IR" in your description, it was the first thing I typed to find it in the repo. When only Irreco appeared I then searched for "remote". Didn't think of typing "infrared"

Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
It would be nice to work in portrait even if the IR is on the side.
Ok, let me look into it a bit. I don't think Qt allows you to do automatic word wrap inside buttons (and it wouldn't let me place icons above text in the buttons, it had to be beside the text), but there are always more options available. It may take me a while, though.

There some thing about remote's that makes you want to hold the device in portrait.
That's because God intended that all remote controls support one-handed operation.

IMO I would class it as a Ulitity.
Also I would add "IR" in your description, it was the first thing I typed to find it in the repo. When only Irreco appeared I then searched for "remote". Didn't think of typing "infrared"
Cool, I'll add IR to the description, and mark down a vote on the side of "Utility". Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
That's because God intended that all remote controls support one-handed operation.
Maybe God could move my IR port to the top of my device!!!

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
thanks for the app. nice to see that some developers are still supporting N900. btw is Sony Bravia ? is also supported ?

Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
Sony Bravia ? is also supported ?
I've got support for a lot of Sony TVs in Pierogi, but then, there are an awful lot of Sony TVs out there. The nice thing about Sony is that they chose a single IR protocol way way back when, and have stuck to it through thick and thin (with, admittedly, a couple of extensions) -- so, codes that work on one Sony device tend to work on other Sony devices. My guess is that Pierogi will have no problem communicating with Bravia TVs using the existing keysets.

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control