Notices

Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Ah, well, the thing is that I'm trying to make Pierogi a "universal" remote control; so, I want commands that do the same thing on different devices to all be mapped to a single Pierogi key, if at all possible. So, I'd like to figure out exactly what each command does.
OK. Got it. If I could help on anything just let me know. Thanks again !
Can you give me the model number for your Thompson receiver?
Model: S12B

The Following User Says Thank You to saponga For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by saponga View Post
Model: S12B
Aha! That got me some good data. Well, the manual for the S12B tells me exactly what you told me -- both + and ? mean different things in different contexts. What's worse, the remote for the S12B does have a "menu" button, so "+" definitely doesn't mean menu. (And I don't think I have the value for the "menu" button defined anywhere either...) It looks like I'm going to have to put some effort into getting this keyset set up correctly. If I can't find a way to compare these controls to any other device, I will create a panel specifically for this receiver...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 43 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sweden
For some reason the dropdown input switcher is not working for me anymore, I noticed. The button next to "Change input to:", that would normally show the list of inputs, is blank and nothing happens when clicking it, i.e. suggesting empty list. Clicking on "Change input to:" just shows "Key not defined in this keyset.". Tried with a few keysets -- including ones that I know worked just fine previously -- but same issue.

The fixed input switch buttons (Input, Antenna, Component, HDMI, etc.) are still active and seem to work, though.

Can anyone confirm? I'm using the latest version, 1.1.46, but I'm not sure if it was like this with 1.1.45 but I'm sure it worked just fine with 1.1.44.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sowwhatyoureap For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sowwhatyoureap View Post
For some reason the dropdown input switcher is not working for me anymore, I noticed.
Ack! Yeah, it's not working here either. Let me take a look, I must have messed something up... Thanks!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
I gotta say, I am just coming up blank on National AC IR code info. Sorry about that...
Then how about Mistubishi AC?

You see, I've installed a different AC unit because Pierogi would not support National.

The Following User Says Thank You to chill For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chill View Post
Then how about Mistubishi AC?

You see, I've installed a different AC unit because Pierogi would not support National.
You know, back when I was attempting to get the Fujitsu protocol up and running, I _did_ find detailed info for a Mitsubishi AC protocol as well. Let me put these two ACs back onto the top of my list, now that I have a running N900 again (finally got another battery!). No promises as to how quickly I'll get it done though, as AC controls are pretty much the hardest for me to encode right now...

Last edited by Copernicus; 2016-01-07 at 12:11.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Another fix for another embarrassing bug in Pierogi is now on its way up to extras-devel. Pierogi version 1.1.47 fixes the missing list of input choices on the Input panel for TVs and audio equipment. It turns out I had made a minor change to a virtual method name in the parent class for the Keyset objects, but neglected to make the same change in all the objects that inherited that method. The code still compiled perfectly, it just failed to run the correct version of the method.

I'm now once again ramping up for another push at A/C controls in Pierogi. Hopefully I'll get a little farther this time...

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Ok, good luck with the Polarcell. I got one a while ago and it eventually inflated, so I went back to the Nokia battery that came with the phone. Not that I won't get another Polarcell later, though.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chill For This Useful Post:
Just one more opinion about polarcell..

In the last years i think i bought more than 15 polarcell batteries.
Every battery respected the declared capacity and behaved very well even after hundreds charge/discarge cycles.

In the worst situation, the batteries that had the hardest life (high temperatures in my car, 2 charges a day or always in charge) becomed inflated after one year and some month.

As soon as i wrote to polarcell about the problem, they asked some photo of the defect and sent me a replacement battery IN WARRANTY - completely for free - that i received in 5 days.
In my opinion, for 16 euro, these are great products, with a great service support.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
Any chance of support for Grundig Elegance 70 flat MFW 70-2501/8 TV, none of the the current keysets seem to work. Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to awroax For This Useful Post:

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control