Notices

Hi, i have a strange problem with my N900. The media player and photo galery both show "no music/videos/phostos". I've tried almost everything by now, from forcing the library to refresh to deleting the database file. I've only didn't try to reflash the device. of course there are media present in the internal memory, I can acces them through the file manager. Any ideas?

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by gigaman View Post
Hi, i have a strange problem with my N900. The media player and photo galery both show "no music/videos/phostos". I've tried almost everything by now, from forcing the library to refresh to deleting the database file. I've only didn't try to reflash the device. of course there are media present in the internal memory, I can acces them through the file manager. Any ideas?
Have you tried:
Code:
tracker-processes -r
Also, have you 'tweaked' the tracker.cfg file, either manually or by using the tracker-cfg app, and therefore maybe made an error?

@michaaa62:
The file system seams healthy and is mounted, however I'll try applying a new filesystem later, after backuping everything...

@joda
My master, aready done that a few times. after restarting the deamon, it is rescanning media, but at the end nothing shows up. I can't resemble installing any tracker related apps, but I'll investigate it. Maybe the phone crossed over to the dark side?

Last edited by gigaman; 2011-07-14 at 10:23.

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
What do you mean by 'seems'? Is it or is it not, please check it to be safe, it is not the file system.

@michaaa62:
it means that it looks normal and acts normal (not counting the problems described above) and the test shows nothing.

Hi,

is there a solution for this problem?

I got exactly the same. I have no memory card. I'm using the internal memory to store photos and music. Using the file manager everything looks O.K.

But starting the standard photo application or the mediaplayer no photos or music are shown.

It appears after a flight from Europe to the USA. My first thought was, that it depends on the time zone, that I've switched and that this maybe causes the problem with the media database. But switching the time zone back to European time doesn't bring a better result.

Also putting out the battery for a few seconds and restart the phone doesn't help.

Any suggestions to solve this problem (for someone who is not so familiar with xterm and linux commands)?

Thanks!

T.

Same problem here after coming to US from europe and using an AT&T sim card.......maybe related to CSSU?

Solved it by running tracker-processes -r as user (not root) in xterm.

The Following User Says Thank You to jnack95 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jnack95 View Post
Solved it by running tracker-processes -r as user (not root) in xterm.
Could you explain shortly for me, what command you used and what it is doing? I'm not so familiar with linux commands up to now. Still learning.

Thank you!

T.