Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
Hi, I had some time to update MaeFlight for PR1.2 (in extras-devel). I also just updated my N900 to PR1.2 as well. I noticed that the app manager gives the following as dependancy problems:

Code:
libqt4-test
libqt4-script
MaeFlight is a Python/QT application. The dependancies that I am calling out when packaging are:

Code:
wget, python-dbus, python2.5-qt4, python-suds
Will an additional dependancy on libqt4-core fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
Hi,

It s maybe not a good idea to depends on the full PyQt4 bindings. Just made your package depends only on python2.5-qt4-core and python2.5-qt4-gui (instead of python2.5-qt4) if you just use the core and gui module.

The problem is that some qt4 module wasn't include ... but this will be fixed.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Khertan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
Thank you, Khertan. That seemed to have fixed the issue. MaeFlight is now installable from extras-devel.

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
I have a very similar problem. I'm unable to install my package because of a conflict with "python2.5-qt4-gui (4.7-maemo7)"

I already changed the depends section of my package from
Code:
"python2.5, python-osso, python-dbus, python2.5-qt4-sql"
to
Code:
"python2.5-qt4-core, python2.5-qt4-gui, python-osso, python-dbus, python2.5-qt4-sql"
without success.

Edit: Here is the problematic package: DreamRemote

Last edited by helex; 2010-05-26 at 19:22.

Okay, I installed now PyQt4 Full Install for PR1.2 from Extra Testing and now it works just fine.

I thought this kind of problems should be gone with PR1.2?

My package and all depencies are at Extras Testing. What's wrong?

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Easy people, Qt dependencies are still being ironed out. The python-qt4 I pushed to extras-testing is the first reference version that should be taken seriously under PR1.2.

Also, as a general rule of thumb with python to which pyqt is no exception - DEPEND ON WHAT YOU IMPORT. If you import QtGui and QtCore, then depend on those two. The python2.5-qt4(-doc) metapackages are for developers and tinkerers, NOT for applications.

Another thing - USE VERSIONED DEPENDENCIES. If you just toss in a generic python2.5-qt4-gui dependency, it does not say what version of Qt you want. So if someone did not upgrade to PR1.2, they might get the old, Qt4.5 version of PyQt4 which of course might not be what you want if your app is developed for Qt4.6.

Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Easy people, Qt dependencies are still being ironed out. The python-qt4 I pushed to extras-testing is the first reference version that should be taken seriously under PR1.2.

Also, as a general rule of thumb with python to which pyqt is no exception - DEPEND ON WHAT YOU IMPORT. If you import QtGui and QtCore, then depend on those two. The python2.5-qt4(-doc) metapackages are for developers and tinkerers, NOT for applications.

Another thing - USE VERSIONED DEPENDENCIES. If you just toss in a generic python2.5-qt4-gui dependency, it does not say what version of Qt you want. So if someone did not upgrade to PR1.2, they might get the old, Qt4.5 version of PyQt4 which of course might not be what you want if your app is developed for Qt4.6.
I'm sorry to have now my comming out... But I'm a beginner (since 4 weeks learning with python and PyQt) - when I search here for "versioned dependencies" there are only 3 results, including this threat. Could you show me the way to a good documentation?

I'm using the py2deb package builder.
Currently I have this in the build.py:
Code:
    p.depends = "python2.5-qt4-core, python2.5-qt4-gui, python-osso, python-dbus, python2.5-qt4-sql"
Former I had this one:
Code:
    p.depends = "python2.5, python-osso, python-dbus, python2.5-qt4-sql"
This is the result of a EMail discussion with X-Fade. He helped me a lot, but it's actually also not really working.

As far as I understood you're saying I've done more than one mistake...

Actually I'm importing this in my code:
Code:
from PyQt4 import QtGui, QtCore, QtSql
import urllib2
import socket
import dbus
import dbus.glib
import time, threading
from os import path
from os import makedirs
How do I setup the dependancy correctly?

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
If you want to use Qt4.6 features (like stacked windows, orientation, etc), you’re only missing the versions which you can specify like this:

Code:
p.depends = "python2.5-qt4-core (>> 4.7.3-maemo5), python2.5-qt4-gui (>> 4.7.3-maemo5), python-osso, python-dbus, python2.5-qt4-sql (>> 4.7.3-maemo5)"
Your imports otherwise match the dependencies (urllib, socket, time, os, threading are python standard libs so they don’t need additional libraries)

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:

Tags
libqt4-*, pr1.2