Active Topics

has anyone tried installing it on their phone I only ask because I wanted to try it out since callings in canada and US is free

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by kemar7856 View Post
has anyone tried installing it on their phone I only ask because I wanted to try it out since callings in canada and US is free
I thought it was only out for Windows, Mac and Linux (i386 32/64-bit)? Why would Google make such a plugin for Maemo?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
guys, search forum properly before posting a new topic. There is a google voice plugin for maemo, that works perfectly. I use it almost daily!. "The One Ring"

Originally Posted by getnani View Post
guys, search forum properly before posting a new topic. There is a google voice plugin for maemo, that works perfectly. I use it almost daily!. "The One Ring"
If it's so easy to "search the forum properly", why didn't you locate it easily enough to post the link here? You should have proved your own point.

Anyway, if this is what you mean...
http://maemo.org/packages/view/telepathy-theonering/
Then be aware that it's not actually Google Voice nor does it work or act at all like Google Voice on either Android nor iOS. It's called "The One Ring" plugin (has NO affiliation with Google Voice) and it's mainly for tracking contacts and callbacks.

If you meant something else, perhaps you can enlighten us on what it is instead of replying with mystically ambiguous knowledge.

As for kemar7856, is that what you were looking for?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
wait how does this work

wait how does this work
Check out http://wiki.maemo.org/The_One_Ring under "Getting The One Ring" and also The One Ring thread at http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=488632

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Mind if I promote my own app here?
qgvdial is a Google Voice dialer and and qgvtp is the phone integration for the n900.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

The Following User Says Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Hi Friend,

Are you actually referring to Google Talk (the chat application)? or Google Voice? I know Google Talk does work. You can add me up to try (just use my username here in talk.maemo.org).

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
If it's so easy to "search the forum properly", why didn't you locate it easily enough to post the link here? You should have proved your own point.

Anyway, if this is what you mean...
http://maemo.org/packages/view/telepathy-theonering/
Then be aware that it's not actually Google Voice nor does it work or act at all like Google Voice on either Android nor iOS. It's called "The One Ring" plugin (has NO affiliation with Google Voice) and it's mainly for tracking contacts and callbacks.

If you meant something else, perhaps you can enlighten us on what it is instead of replying with mystically ambiguous knowledge.

As for kemar7856, is that what you were looking for?
Thats the correct plugin you have to use. I know there are thousand of ppl use this here. Im one of them. I use this to make calls everyday for free.

Install it and setup a sip account grab the incoming call. As the previous guy said, there are many post regarding this here.

Enjoy.

The Following User Says Thank You to rosh For This Useful Post:

Tags
googletalk, theonering