Originally Posted by CharlesM View Post
do you really think it would be accpetable to buy a new pc that advertised as 'including 'MS OFFICE' and when you got it home it had wordpad!!!
It would be more precise to compare Windows PC to Mac PC advertisement and complain that Mac-version of Office looks and acts a bit different and some features found in Windows-version are missing in Mac-version. IMO it doesn't really make sense. It's all about choices. When I preordered my N900, I knew prefectly well that it doesn't have navigation features. I was hoping that they would be added rather sooner than later, but it was only assumption and wish. Nobody really promised such thing. On Ovi Maps 3 feature set they specifically mention drive and walk navigation, on Ovi Maps for Maemo only routing capability has been mentioned. If I remember correct, routing capabilities were free on Ovi Maps for S60 also before they released navigation features as free of charge service.

Last edited by JulmaHerra; 2010-03-28 at 11:15.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulmaHerra For This Useful Post:
arguing that Nokia is in the right having such a sub standard navigational software is ridiculous..

the routing code is obviously there (even if there isn't a choice of routes), how much work does it take to make those into audio directions..?

or simply make it open code for the maemo platform so that people can make interesting plug in's for it (including audio instructions if Nokia doesn't want to support some of its most loyal customers, which I suspect it does..) and possibly increasing the take up of their new OS..

I suggest this idea of a pottential plugin.. http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=48482

ps: I'm new - how do I sign this petition?

pps: Macs version of MS office worked far better relative to this version of ovi maps

Last edited by batman; 2010-03-28 at 17:58.

Originally Posted by CharlesM View Post
do you really think it would be accpetable to buy a new pc that advertised as 'including 'MS OFFICE' and when you got it home it had wordpad!!!
that's the best example so far... that's what Nokia did.... that $hit that comes with the N900 doesn't deserve to be named "Ovi Maps" (I had an N97 before, and as much as I hated it after a few months, Ovi Maps was AWESOME"... I thought myself: "if this stinky N97 can be THIS GOOD with OVI MAPS I can't wait to try OVI MAPS on the N900, must be outstanding!"

As much as I like the N900, I must admit that Nokia (strike-through option doesn't seems to work here) dropped the ball naming that piece of S...oftware "Ovi Maps".

Last edited by regp81; 2010-03-28 at 18:26.

rape is abit strong.. but they dropped the ball

Last edited by batman; 2010-03-28 at 18:15.

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Nokia sent me a SMS today...
"Would you like to get free navigation forever and maps for 75 countries to your Nokia phone? Learn more and install now from www.nokia.mobi/maps/mn"
I followed the link and BAM...
An almost blank page with "Content not available at this moment"

Thats cruel NOKIA very cruel!

did anyone else get this?

Originally Posted by INSaino View Post
Nokia sent me a SMS today...
"Would you like to get free navigation forever and maps for 75 countries to your Nokia phone? Learn more and install now from www.nokia.mobi/maps/mn"
I followed the link and BAM...
An almost blank page with "Content not available at this moment"

Thats cruel NOKIA very cruel!

did anyone else get this?
They got me too with that message sometime ago, that is annoying.

I think the maemo maps program was really just a demo to show people what was possible with the platform. I wouldn't count on much future development.

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Nokia has the right to include what ever software they want, even if Maps 1 for Maemo is crap, it does what they promise.
But if they hope to make N900 (or the whole Maemo/Meego concept) a success they have to deliver good software out of the box.
Any function that is not at least as good as S60 or iPhone is a failure.

Hmm, wonder will this petition will work or just another "Dog and Pony" show.

ok signed the petition..

(advertising a petition.. nice touch, I like the tanacity)

I still think making it open code is potentially a good idea..

Last edited by batman; 2010-04-09 at 15:16. Reason: spelling error