Hello All, I just installed GArnet VM followed by Mobipocket. After the Garnet install that seemed to work OK. So, I moved on to Mobi. Now when I open Garnet it gives me a message that says it is refreshing applications and causes my tablet to reboot.

Never works....Plus, now my FBreader seems slower too....

Can anybody give me some advice on how to fix this?

Thanks, Cozworth

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
I believe that there was a tutorial on this at the Tablet-Guru site...

http://www.tablet-guru.com/2008/02/2...on-the-tablet/

Hi, yes, this is the tutorial that I used to figure out how to install it. Unfortunately, it doesn't have a section for when things take a turn to the dark side....

I am thinking it might just be easier to delete and re-install. However, I am a LINUX ignorant user. Sorry but it's true. I can't figure out how to actually delete the program. Do you know of any links to this sort of basic info?

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Central Illinois
Originally Posted by cozworth View Post
I am thinking it might just be easier to delete and re-install. However, I am a LINUX ignorant user. Sorry but it's true. I can't figure out how to actually delete the program. Do you know of any links to this sort of basic info?
Which do you want to "delete and re-install"? Mobipocket or Garnet VM?

You can "uninstall" Mobipocket (and every other Palm appl) within GVM by clicking the "Settings" button and then clicking "Reformat storage". That will get you back to a default Garnet VM setup.

To uninstall Garnet VM itself, you should be able to use the Application Manager and remove "garnet-vm".