I'm a Newbie. I think I've read that I will mess my n800 up if I load the same repository twice. How do I list the repositories on my N800?

Is there an easy way to tell which repositories are okay for OS2008? I gather some repositories are older. Do I care whether a repository is Borah or Chinook, etc. ...?

Thanks for your info!
- tobyr21

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Application manager: Menu -> Tools -> Application catalog...

cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/hildon-application-manager.list

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
I'd say that until you feel "less Newbie," stick with Chinook. Also, keep away from repositories with names showing they're for developers. You can skip worrying about this though if you just install repositories as they're demanded as part of an in-process install. Also, it must be pretty hard to mess up one of these, as I've been pretty reckless from Day 1! (If GA comes back and corrects me, follow his advice, not mine. )

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)