Active Topics

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
I have ben poking around the web trying to find a reasonibly priced UMPC and so far i've decided to try and buy a Samsung Q1 ultra. So far i've found one for $799.00 and i think i could find a better price. Does enyone know ware i could find one under $799.00 at a reliable sorce other than E-BAY new or refrbished? If so let me know!

Think you have just missed out on the $150 mail in rebate offer at Buy.com. That would have brought it down below $799 IIRC.

What version are you looking at ? XP/Vista ?

FWIW the Vista version really needs 2Gb to run OK, the slow hard drive doen't help matters. Pretty easy to do if you are moderately technical. XP flies along quite nicely.

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
Well, i am looking at buying the vista version. once i finally buy one i plan to upgrade the ram to 2gb. I will probably get the Q1U-v model because it has two cameras, a cellular brodband connection, bluetooth 3.0 and, i think a extended battery. I think that the Q1U-premium has a SSD drive so it is twice as fast (memory wise) as the other models.

too bad i missed out on that great deal.

Last edited by b-man; 2008-03-10 at 02:45.