Notices

Originally Posted by llelectronics View Post
@tmi & @pichlo . Thanks for noticing.
Should be fixed with new rpm now.
Fast, but no cigar. It seems now I can download once with a filename and every following different download gets the same filename (ending in files separated only in name by ending numbers).

I'll test some more...

EDIT: No change after closing Webcat or even a reboot. The first filename downloaded after starting the app sticks with the other downloads.

Last edited by tmi; 2015-05-13 at 21:32.

I kind of missed that bug.
Thanks for reporting.
Should be fixed with the newest RPM.

Get RPM

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
(Sorry, if this has come up before. At least I couldn't find anything with a quick search)

ATM, the only time the browser goes straight to bookmarks is at launch when Homepage is set to about:bookmarks. I find myself going between about:blank and bookmarks unnecessarily often with new tabs and I want to reduce that overhead.

Most of the time I'd like to open several tabs that should load pages that I have bookmarked. With every new tab, the browser first opens about:blank, then I have to go back to bookmarks to choose one, the browser opens the page and starts loading and I have to go back to bookmarks to repeat the process for each additional tab.

[Feature request]: Either open every new tab straight to bookmarks or make this optional... possibly between Homepage, about:blank & about:bookmarks.
As an additional option, I am hoping for a setting that would allow the bookmarks page to stay open even after a bookmark to load has been chosen for a tab.

Yeah thats an interesting use case you describe there.

Currently it is possible to achieve what you want when you have bookmarks and hold on an entry and choose load in new tab. This will load the bookmark in the background and the bookmarksmenu stays open.
Not sure if you want to change your workflow to this. But you might want to try that.

Donate using Liberapay

The Following User Says Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Yeah thats an interesting use case you describe there.
Sometimes, I do have my quirks...

Currently it is possible to achieve what you want when you have bookmarks and hold on an entry and choose load in new tab. This will load the bookmark in the background and the bookmarksmenu stays open.
Not sure if you want to change your workflow to this. But you might want to try that.
Whaddayaknow, somehow I have totally missed that possibility to open new tabs! As a matter of fact, it basically eliminates my request. There seems to be a minor visual bug, when the active tab indicator (blue line) grows to the length of the rest of the tabs with every other tab opened and shrinks back to the original one in between.

Ok, two more tab related wishes (bare with me):
1) Could the newly opened tab (by holding a bookmark) become the active tab and when more than 2-3 tabs are open, the tab bar would slide to the left so the active tab is visible despite the number of opened tabs?
(Alternatively, the new tab could open next to the (+) button and be active but maybe some would feel this confusing)

2) When closing tabs, could the bookmarks view stay open? I can see that people might prefer the current behavior so this might need to be an option to choose. I tried all 3 ways to close a tab and none of them stay on the bookmarks view.

1) Could the newly opened tab (by holding a bookmark) become the active tab and when more than 2-3 tabs are open, the tab bar would slide to the left so the active tab is visible despite the number of opened tabs?
(Alternatively, the new tab could open next to the (+) button and be active but maybe some would feel this confusing)
I will take a look at it. It should be possible. Though there was an request that explicetley did not want that.
So I have to take a look if I will implement it maybe in the settings.

2) When closing tabs, could the bookmarks view stay open? I can see that people might prefer the current behavior so this might need to be an option to choose. I tried all 3 ways to close a tab and none of them stay on the bookmarks view.
This is technically not possible with the way the tabs are implemented. The bookmarksview is part of the current opened tab. So it will get destroyed if you destory the current tab.
And to destory any tab it becomes the active tab by default.
I think I was not thinking about that scenario when I wrote this tab implementation.

Donate using Liberapay

The most important wish from my side would be a share options to jolla acccounts. Especially share to linksbag aka pocket. Everytime I visit a site with webcatand found it interesting but haven't time to read i have to switch the browser to put it in my pocket.

Hope this can be implemented. Thx for you're work

I will take a look at it. It should be possible. Though there was an request that explicetley did not want that.
So I have to take a look if I will implement it maybe in the settings.
Ok I checked it.
And sadly that is not possible without rewriting the whole tabbar implementation.
So it won't make it.

The most important wish from my side would be a share options to jolla acccounts. Especially share to linksbag aka pocket. Everytime I visit a site with webcatand found it interesting but haven't time to read i have to switch the browser to put it in my pocket.

Hope this can be implemented. Thx for you're work
You mean the global sailfish os share functionality ?
I don't think that this exposed via the api or allowed in harbour/jolla store yet.
I hope that this will change with sailfish os 2.0 though.

Donate using Liberapay

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
I can share things from WebPirate to a system account so if WebPirate can do it, Webcat should be able to do it as well.

I can share things from WebPirate to a system account so if WebPirate can do it, Webcat should be able to do it as well.
WebPirate seems to have reimplemented the whole integration to the account.
I am not willing to do that. It might be a wasted effort when SF OS 2.0 comes with an easy api call.

Donate using Liberapay

Tags
browser, webbrowser