Originally Posted by alephito View Post
That was the intention of Google. They win.
Yeah I know. I'm just tired of switching Linux based OSs all the time and having to find workarounds for a bunch of things. It gets old. I really want to try Ubuntu and/or FF OS but that's still a ways off. Same with Jolla but damn, things are never easy on a Linux phone and I'm getting tired of it (and I say that despite the N9 being the best phone I have ever used, and far superior to Android in terms of UI.)

soryuuha- Thanks. That might work perfectly and auto-sync would be great.

So, here's an update. I created a .desktop file for syncing my addressbook, so now I have no need to manually sync through the terminal (but I do still have to initiate the sync by launching an app). I created an 80x80 PNG of the Tango addressbook icon, and copied that onto my device at ~/se/addressbook.png. I then created the following .desktop file:
Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Type=Application
Name=Sync freja
Terminal=true
Icon=/home/user/se/addressbook.png
Exec=/usr/bin/syncevolution freja
Again, freja was the name of the $CONFIG I created. I'm leaving the terminal option to true so I can watch the progress and check for errors, but I may just switch this to false. I saved the file in ~/.local/share/applications/ so I didn't have to worry about root access. Hopefully this helps someone out.

The Following User Says Thank You to rpcameron For This Useful Post:
I use tine 2,0 to sync my mails/calendars/contacts (over mfe).
It works great, without any workaround

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to B3Punch3D For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by B3Punch3D View Post
I use tine 2,0 to sync my mails/calendars/contacts (over mfe).
It works great, without any workaround
Wow! This looks great. I will check it out. I was looking for something like this.

Thanks

no problem sir

Well, tried the Nexus 4 and hated it. Doesn't compare to Meego's fluidity. That and it's too damn big. Not sure what the obsession is with these huge phones but the N9's 3.9" screen is near perfect. I can still use it one handed and that combined with swipe is just amazing.

So with that, I preordered the Jolla phone. Hoping it is half as easy to use as Meego and with the ability to sideload Android apps, should be quite nice.

Just want to share my experience:

Syncing with MfE with an outlook.com Account works like a charm. There is just one workaround to do, but the Guide on:

http://mynokiablog.com/2012/08/20/ho...utlook-for-n9/

works (at least for me) without any troubles.