Closed Thread
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
Again, the fact that Council was to decide the award was not Councils, but handed down by Nokia. Do you think an independent group would have not wound up with a similar list, if not the same list? I think, at most, one or two people would have been chosen differently, and Council would still have had 4 winners.
not sure, but maybe

Yes.. Let's do that math. In the elections here, you can vote for up to the total number of candidates in the order you wanted them. If you didn't want those other candidates, you don't have to vote for them, at all. You could vote for JUST your one if you liked, and if everyone felt this way, just the one would get picked.

So even by the math on this, you're simply wrong. Did you vote in the last election? How could you have done so and missed that you didn't have to cast 5 votes?
I didn't vote, but no i'm sorry for that.

I see... Did you want me to kick/ban him from the channel for saying people can use their ignore buttons? What would you have liked me to say? Is there something else that someone has said, that I've reacted too, or failed to react to, that you'd like to admonish me for? Also, how is that a "personal attack", to suggest that people can use a forum function?

So tell me: Why did you stand by while Aries said that three people, by name, were unworthy of their award, and did nothing to help to community? You were in the thread... I know you read the post because you replied to it, and liked it. Was it so normal that you didn't pay attention?
he suggested ignore for specific 2 persons, and it's not polite to do on official meeting, and in public for a council, as it's for other council to tell him about it. To close eyes on bad things is most times as to do them yourself.

And i did mentioned few times that i do not agree with all people, but as well i told it's okay, as i understand it's personal and as all judges humans it can happen. But the point of self judgment and now when we see the problem, i think that person doesn't deserve device, as h proved that. i think it's fair enuf.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
I can confirm that Estel has never said he will not run for a CA. And I can confirm (iirc) he said several times on IRC that he will wait until the final date for the submission.

You may trust me or not, it is up to you, I won't search 2-3 moths of #maemo IRC logs just to make unhappy those who don't believe in my words.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
Unfortunately, I think that the misunderstanding was on SD69's side. I believed all along that Estel was going to enter the competition, and he never said otherwise. I think this was a misinterpretation because of a rather minor language barrier.

And yes, I did think everyone but me was running. And I did bring it up, often, that this would be a problem, including at Council meetings. But when Quim and all the rest of Council (and the community present) agree with how things will be done, multiple times, one gets tired or raising the same argument.
lesson to be learned...
the council should speak in one voice and that voice should have an impeccable command over the language used to post.
thus, nothing personal, but Estel should not make any statements on behalf of the council.
when a crisis arises, the right thing is probably better discussed and agreed upon behind closed doors and only then one member makes one unequivocal post.

it's called public image and yes, the "image" of the council in the community has been damaged.
not so much because of the devices, but because of the way the crisis was not managed.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
I can confirm that Estel has never said he will not run for a CA. And I can confirm (iirc) he said several times on IRC that he will wait until the final date for the submission.

You may trust me or not, it is up to you, I won't search 2-3 moths of #maemo IRC logs just to make unhappy those who don't believe in my words.
told you or other councils? and don't tell they don't need to communicate. As well why would he wait for last submission not to get down on first ones?

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Neither. Given how this went down, just a few rather scandalous individuals are benefitting the most.

Point to them, ask them. I'm no longer sure I can answer much more since it seems no matter what, who needs to benefit from Nokia is dwindling down due to actions as we've all bear witness to as of late.
take a step back, please
the community is nice, but do your really think NOKIA hasn't proven in the last two years it could see beyond Maemo.org and TMO?
can TMO jump over its own shadow?

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Thank anyone who participated in bringing clarity to the issue at hand, and especially Nieldk for his apology.

May i suggest to the council thinking about having:
1) a vote on re-allocating that one particular device
2) if 1) happens to result in yes, either have a 'dice roll' to allocate it to often referenced two developers, or someone else

(In my pure honest opinion would i allocate it then to itsnotabigtruck for his work on Harmattan/inception; which is a true milestone, and a bit more applicable to the community)

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-06-26 at 20:52.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
told you or other councils? and don't tell they don't need to communicate. As well why would he wait for last submission not to get down on first ones?
Let it go. The corroborated stories are coming out of the woodwork now.

No amount of questions will ever get those people to ever admit any wrong doing whatsoever.

Just let it go. Nothing good will come of it. The damage, as far as I am concerned (and perhaps others) is done. I insist that we all just let it go.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Why are you even here? You have you n900s and 200 apps all the time that explained why are not in the council.
the ultimate answer to the ultimate question is... why not?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
take a step back, please
the community is nice, but do your really think NOKIA hasn't proven in the last two years it could see beyond Maemo.org and TMO?
can TMO jump over its own shadow?
I've been here since it was ITT. TMO is a shadow of that; these proceedings have made TMO even that much paler.

Nokia has been generous with this forum and group of individuals. But that's at an end soon, if not now.

Nokia isn't on trial here though. Just a council that seemingly has unsavory people that are unnecessarily benefitting from the remaining kindness from Nokia.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I've been here since it was ITT. TMO is a shadow of that; these proceedings have made TMO even that much paler.

Nokia has been generous with this forum and group of individuals. But that's at an end soon, if not now.

Nokia isn't on trial here though. Just a council that seemingly has unsavory people that are unnecessarily benefitting from the remaining kindness from Nokia.
again...
don't you think NOKIA has proven they can see beyond Maemo.org & TMO?
so, why would they stop supporting Maemo after yet another Tempest in a teapot.... eeeh, thread, of course, on TMO?

Closed Thread

Tags
clarity, council fail, dishonesty, outcry, titfortat, trollmageddon, trolls, untrustworthy, whereisthelove