Notices

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
The Symbian version will be available outside Nokia Store. In fact, the one place it won't be available is Nokia Store, as they stopped accepting new applications and updates as of 01/01/2014.
Thanks for keeping Nokia's promise to support Symbian (till 2016), Marxian.

There is this application store http://applist.schumi1331.de/

Is that any good?

Your previous applications I have purchased through Nokia. What about this one? Is it free or donationware?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Thanks for keeping Nokia's promise to support Symbian (till 2016), Marxian.

There is this application store http://applist.schumi1331.de/

Is that any good?
I will probably use AppList. I have previously been in contact with the maintainer about adding my software there. Otherwise, I will host the package on my own website and use the same update procedure as for cuteTube and MusiKloud.

Your previous applications I have purchased through Nokia. What about this one? Is it free or donationware?
Thanks for purchasing. cuteRadio is free.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
I would strongly recommend AppList for the Symbian version. I use it on my 808 and it's really good.

I would happily purchase cuteRadio from AppList for my 808! It is very well worth it. Can't thanks Marxian enough for his efforts

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bharateeyudu For This Useful Post:
It is glad that my old 808 get your love but at the same time it is upset that my new jolla doesn't get any love from you, cuteradio, cutetube and musikloud.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Marxian, you are so cute!. You just saved my 20 km run tonight!

Thx. Is it impossible to get this to the store
?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
I will probably use AppList. I have previously been in contact with the maintainer about adding my software there. Otherwise, I will host the package on my own website and use the same update procedure as for cuteTube and MusiKloud.

Thanks for purchasing. cuteRadio is free.

Wow, too nice to be real

About radio streaming:
Something that always troubled me with the Symbian Nokia Internet
Radio was that it would drop connection on international stations where the N900 wasn't affected (ADSL in Vietnam)

A so called dedicated Airstream 10 internet Radio suffered the same issue as Nokia Internet radio.

Could you look into making the buffering as robust as the N900 media player internet radio? Or maybe a configurable buffer?

Again, thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Is it impossible to get this to the store?
Yes. Nokia Store no longer accepts new applications or updates. The Nokia Store QA staff may now be:
  • Sitting on a beach.
  • Sleeping in old cars and eating Soylent Green.
  • Testing Asha/Nokia X applications.

My website

GitHub

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Yes. Nokia Store no longer accepts new applications or updates. The Nokia Store QA staff may now be:
  • Sitting on a beach.
  • Sleeping in old cars and eating Soylent Green.
  • Testing Asha/Nokia X applications.
Hahahaha, you made my day!!! I'm just imagining them relaxing on the beach!!!! Testing Lumia stuff as well!!!!
Regarding Android, i'm waiting for an High -end device, but the X or the XL (i don't know what) seems to be quite good!!!!

PS: What is Soylent green??

Edit: I'm waiting for the maemo version of the app. Thanks a lot!!!

Last edited by Boemien; 2014-06-05 at 17:01.

The Following User Says Thank You to Boemien For This Useful Post:
Wow, too nice to be real

About radio streaming:
Something that always troubled me with the Symbian Nokia Internet
Radio was that it would drop connection on international stations where the N900 wasn't affected (ADSL in Vietnam)

A so called dedicated Airstream 10 internet Radio suffered the same issue as Nokia Internet radio.

Could you look into making the buffering as robust as the N900 media player internet radio? Or maybe a configurable buffer?

Again, thanks in advance.
I'm using the Phonon APIs for playback (QtMultimediaKit APIs don't retrieve the ICY metadata). Phonon doesn't have a configurable buffer size, unfortunately. To implement that, I need to use my own IO device and pass it to the player. I have already done some work on that (required for the recording features), but the problem is that I also need to implement the MMS protocol (which many stations use).

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Boemien View Post
PS: What is Soylent green??
It's peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepoooolll! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zAFA-hamZ0

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:

Tags
internet, radio