Posts: 14 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Italy
With this simple application you can pause/resume a song, or skip to the previous/next one simply by pressing a volume key. To switch between volume and multimedia you can press the two keys at the same time, or do it from the GUI.

Limitations
  • Currently the GUI can't be hidden, no daemon.
  • It works only with the default Music app.
  • Not tested on the N950 / PR1.2
  • When the volume is managed by mediakeys you can change it only with Music application running, and the volume bar is not displayed

Changelog & downloads
Source
https://projects.developer.nokia.com/mediakeys/browser

Any feedback is appreciated!

Last edited by crazyhg; 2012-02-05 at 16:40. Reason: version 0.2.0

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to crazyhg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 146 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Lisbon, Portugal
Can't you catch a long-press to change songs? That's how it used to work in Symbian, and in Sony-Ericsson Walkmans.

Nice effort, though.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tigas For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tigas View Post
Can't you catch a long-press to change songs? That's how it used to work in Symbian, and in Sony-Ericsson Walkmans.

Nice effort, though.
Yeah I think so, thanks for the suggestion! Only thing is that you have to change the volume one step at a time, you can't keep the button pressed.. but it might be better this way.

I'll see what I can do in the next days...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crazyhg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate

Is it possible to do like "permanent" - I mean no need to keep your app open ... then I am sold for your apps, truly

Last edited by jaripi; 2012-01-31 at 20:41.

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Lisbon, Portugal
Originally Posted by crazyhg View Post
Yeah I think so, thanks for the suggestion! Only thing is that you have to change the volume one step at a time, you can't keep the button pressed.. but it might be better this way.

I'll see what I can do in the next days...
That was also their trade-off. You didn't have auto-repeat of volume change if Music Player was open (or ever, but I left behind my K750 flashed to W800 a long time ago). Of course, if you do not have bugs, just leave the two versions (toggle/long-press) as user setting.

Last edited by tigas; 2012-01-31 at 19:48.

Posts: 313 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ USA
Awesome app...thanks

You are using volume up and volume down only ... can you add camera to power key ? ... then it would be perfect ...

New version released with long press support, first post updated!

Originally Posted by jaripi View Post
Is it possible to do like "permanent" - I mean no need to keep your app open ... then I am sold for your apps, truly
Yes, I already thought about it.. I'd like to rewrite the code because now it sucks, remove the interface and put all the settings in the control panel. The problem is i'm quite busy at this time, so I don't know when i'll be able to do it, maybe in some weeks.

Originally Posted by jaripi View Post
You are using volume up and volume down only ... can you add camera to power key ? ... then it would be perfect ...
This instead i don't think it's possible, sorry.. Of course the volume keys can be used (there's already an app, see here http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=5516), but not the power key, as far as I know...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crazyhg For This Useful Post:
Can someone reupload this app?