Notices

Great news I can't wait to try this when it ready

Posts: 244 | Thanked: 354 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Scotland
Originally Posted by retsaw View Post
Although I think it is great to have an iPlayer app, you need to be wary of potential legal issues, an iPhone app, Rewat.ch, got hit with a C&D and an Android app, myPlayer, was was made to remove it's iPlayer functionality because it breached the BBC's terms of use.
Fair point ; although a "simple" way to get round this is to split the component that pulls from the feeds into a separate package, which can subsequently be obtained from "elsewhere" while you distribute the shell itself as per normal.

A reasonable comparison would be the various LastFM mobile clients that allowed a user to import a key from a PC-based client but of course did not distribute such a key.

I could finally catch up on "That Mitchell and Webb Look" here in the USA. Thank you very much!

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
I am aware of the potential legal issues. The same issues exist in the case of cuteTube. There is a chance that an application such as this will slip under the radar on a niche platform like Maemo. Both iOS and Android have a much higher profile.

A few more teaser screenshots:

My website

GitHub

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
is there a timescale for release of this as been waiting for something like this for ages

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
@Marxian....
you should use this theme colour on your cutetube-QML....
i like red & dark better than blue....

Originally Posted by ddwwf1 View Post
is there a timescale for release of this as been waiting for something like this for ages
I'd like to release something by the end of the week (Sunday). The first release will have a limited feature set, but later I plan to add PVR features and such.

Originally Posted by pusak gaoq View Post
@Marxian....
you should use this theme colour on your cutetube-QML....
i like red & dark better than blue....
If you would like to have these colours in cuteTube, just open

Code:
/opt/usr/share/qmltube/qml/qmltube/main.qml
and set the following properties

Code:
_ACTIVE_COLOR_LOW : "#932424"
_ACTIVE_COLOR_HIGH : "#d93333"

Perhaps I will add an option for this in the settings.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2011-05-25 at 14:35.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
The potential to be able to watch Question Time on my N900 in New York - wow, you are the man!

The Following User Says Thank You to AndyNokia232 For This Useful Post:
OK, more screenshots.

My website

GitHub

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Stuart, you've got talent that is for sure. The possibilities with your applications are endless. What about SKY, specifically those with accounts to log into SkyPlayer?

The PVR option is also a super cool idea considering we have a mighty large hard disk to fill with video.

Keep up the good work!
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MyNokiaN900 For This Useful Post: