All of a sudden, I can no longer connect to my 770 to my PC via USB. It used to work fine, even after I upgraded to 2006 -49. Today when I tried to conncect, I get an error message saying something like, "System is using memory card for extended memory. All applications must be closed before connecting memory card via USB. Remove USB cable or tap 'Close Applications' ..." When I tap 'close applications' a message apears saying, " Unable to connect via USB. Memory card in use."

I have no idea what to do about this. Can anybody help?!

BTW, I was able to locate a thread here where someone else had an identical problem. They tried disabling virtual memory and it still did not work.

Posts: 165 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Boston MA USA
Sometimes my N800 gets fussy the same way, depending on what's been running recently (background or foreground). It usually clears up eventually, but who wants to wait? I found this workaround:

Try shutting down the tablet, then making the USB connection to your live PC and restarting. That's always worked for me, no matter what. Sure, it's a few extra seconds, but it beats randomness . . . in fact, the memory cards show up in Windows Explorer even before the N800 splash screen clears.

hi, perhaps you can install xterm and use the command "ps -aux" to get a list of running apps. Paste it here...maybe one of them is using your cards and not releasing them.

Luke

Originally Posted by jpj View Post
Sometimes my N800 gets fussy the same way, depending on what's been running recently (background or foreground). It usually clears up eventually, but who wants to wait? I found this workaround:

Try shutting down the tablet, then making the USB connection to your live PC and restarting. That's always worked for me, no matter what. Sure, it's a few extra seconds, but it beats randomness . . . in fact, the memory cards show up in Windows Explorer even before the N800 splash screen clears.

Great! That seemed to have worked!
thanks,
Neil

I've started having the same problem this morning.

If I plug the usb connector into my N800 prior and then switch it on, nothing happens, no usb connection is started.

Plugginf USB cable in while the N800 is on I get 'Unable to connect via USB ....' so I took out the internal card with virtual swap file, and then restarted, and this time it failed due to the second memory card!

on my PC, I get a removable drive listed, but if I try and use it, it always says 'insert card for drive x'

I tried to d/l USBcontrol, but each time I try to install I get a download failure.

Grrrrr

I have been using Filemanager via wireless, but its slow and clunky, and I need to move 10 GB of data ....

Any clues?

BT