Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
some clearly can
Yeah, like some idiots who assume two people are the same person? Or that things were happening that didn't happen? Or that price increases were for Brexit preparations?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shirabe For This Useful Post:
Jeeeez
Just about had enough of this Android abomination already.
Is there a link to a guide to installing Sailfish?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
Jeeeez
Just about had enough of this Android abomination already.
Is there a link to a guide to installing Sailfish?
https://community.fxtec.com/topic/24...or-fxtec-pro1/

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Idiot never claimed anything. It was always just personal POV and why something might be as it is.
The other one constantly preaching his BS speculation to be truth without any actual proof.

Chen stated a looong time ago that they are partnered with Clove. Why the F is it so surprising that their partner has some of their product for sale????????????

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Read the Androidauthority article. With my N900 and Micro-b. First I have to say that I can't trust or honour any article published on a site that takes so long to load (without images), which did not accept choice "use neccessary cookies only" and which is filled with too much heavy stuff. For me that is a mark of bowing the beast and I felt like I was entering to Mordor.

Secondly it is a review from someone who clearly states he doesn't like hwkb phones and of them dislikes more the landscape version. How unambigious the review can be?

Thirdly he likes using iPhone and Android and doesn't seem to see any problem in them and no value of having other possibilities.

Fourthly it seems that specs he value the most are light, thin, latest hw specs and camera use and image quality. Not to say I would not appreciate them but I fell in love with N900 after using years iPhone - not a reviewer I look up.

So what I think about this review? Points that matter to me were: difficult to open, too responsive touchscreen, bad fingerprint reader, some problems using side buttons, some apps not forced to landscape. Good things mentioned: being able to customize hwkb shortcuts, possibility to have two windows open and seamlessly switch between them to write and use.

Important things not mentioned in the article: N900, alternative Os'es, linux phone to be, embracing opensource with open bootloader, fullfilment of dreams.

This device is not what writer has dreamed of. So no need to mind too much of his narrow view or give value to his words. It can be - even with all the flaws - a fullfilment of someone elses dream.

Thanks Chen for making dreams come true.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

Last edited by Maemish; 2019-12-18 at 19:18.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
And to all who have got the phone: I think gratitude toward Chen could be in mind. After you paid for it and got it: yes, now it is your device which you paid for and of course you inspect what you paid for and weight the quality and specs and performance to something someone else has. But before you paid and got it: it was something someone else worked hard with to fill YOUR dreams (as well as his own). In many ways this device is in the end - with all the flaws and lower specs than some new phones - a dream come true. It may even be the best fullfilment of dreams there is at the moment. So be happy of owning it. It was a right choice and you didn't waste your money. You put it on something awesome that is much bigger than just a phone among phones.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Fellfrosch, can you tell if the modifier keys are sticky on SFOS? Also, if the phone is in sleep mode, can you wake it up by (1) opening the keyboard and/or (2) pressing a key if keyboard is already open?

1. Not sticky unfortunately
2. No
3. No

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
The other one constantly preaching his BS speculation to be truth without any actual proof.
If you're talking about me, could you point me where I did that? Because that wasn't my intention and I'd like to edit those posts to clarify.

Chen stated a looong time ago that they are partnered with Clove.
Really? I never saw that then. Where was this then, I'd assume over here?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shirabe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Shirabe View Post
Really? I never saw that then. Where was this then, I'd assume over here?
"Joined on Oct 2019"

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following User Says Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Remember also that the Proš is not crowdfunded (I know some will say it is almost the same due to the delays since payments, but well, it still is not a crowdfunded project), meaning F(x)tec had investors. I am not saying those investors included retailers, but that' is a possibility, especially as Clove seems to be UK-based. Or they could just be pre-orderers or IGG backers too. In both cases, it wouldn't be shocking that they get devices at the same time as pre-orderers.

What increases the feeling of being fooled is the slow production followed by long export process. I don't think anyone would have seen a big issue if individual preorders had been fulfilled in a few weeks as initially planned (meaning many more units per week, and shorter duration between those in one batch, those in another one, and retailers). There still is no general availability, those retailers had very limited stocks, so we can't really jump conclusions that F(x)tec skipped pre-orderers to please stockists.
That's a good point, I wasn't aware of how small the retailers stock was, my opinion was probably a little precipitate.

With all respect to the work done by Chen, I won't pretend I'm not annoyed by the shipping postponed again and again. I do feel a little being fooled - how many more times will the device be postponed until I finally get it? February? March? It's great to see a good hwkb phone again, but the F(x)tec's expectation management is, let's be frank, far from being good.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Last edited by marmistrz; 2019-12-18 at 20:53.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit