Notices

Posts: 673 | Thanked: 230 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Mumbai
What About harmattan ???

The Following User Says Thank You to zaidk9 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 335 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Trento, Italy
Originally Posted by zaidk9 View Post
What About harmattan ???
This app is actually mainly for harmattan, maemo version has come later you can find it also in the store but it's version 1.2.9 only, the dev told me he had troubles with QA... Version 2.0 free in on the website!

Last edited by Lucazz990; 2013-04-14 at 13:29.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lucazz990 For This Useful Post:
Well... this application is not "mainly" intented for any platform. There are many builds for many platforms. (symbian, android, fremantle, harmattan)

After that, the fremantle version available in the first post has customization, feature and interface optimizations intended to give a better experience in this platform.

Here you can find the latest harmattan builds:
http://www.trackaway.org/index.php/d...rmattan-meego2

Originally Posted by Lucazz990 View Post
This app is actually mainly for harmattan, maemo version has come later you can find it also in the store but it's version 1.2.9 only, the dev told me he had troubles with QA... Version 2.0 free in on the website!

Last edited by xes; 2013-04-15 at 09:17.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xes View Post
Well... this application is not "mainly" intented for any platform. There are many builds for many platforms. (symbian, android, fremantle, harmattan)
You're right, but what I meant is that fremantle version came later than harmattan and symbian version and in the first post harmattan version isn't mentioned, that's all

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
Great application - thanks! The only thing to complain are the downloaded map tiles. They are located in the directories that are indexed by trackerd and they show up in Photos application for example. And there are a lot of them Yes, it is possible to configure tracker not to look at these directories, but... Also - is it possible to share for example the OSM tiles directory with other applications e.g Marble etc in the future development?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acrux For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by acrux View Post
Great application - thanks! The only thing to complain are the downloaded map tiles. They are located in the directories that are indexed by trackerd and they show up in Photos application for example. And there are a lot of them Yes, it is possible to configure tracker not to look at these directories, but... Also - is it possible to share for example the OSM tiles directory with other applications e.g Marble etc in the future development?
You can exclude that folder from the tracker search addiing an exclusion folder using the tracker configuration utility:
http://maemo.org/packages/view/tracker-cfg/

After this, you could share the tiles data store with other applications like modrana creating a symbolink link to the modrana map folder in
/home/user/MyDocs/.maps/
With this trick you could use both application with the same tiles.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by acrux View Post
For the first point you can simply change the storage directory of track@way in the settings-->hardware menu for example to home/user/track@way instead of /home/user/MyDocs/track@way, this is enough to make them not appearing in the gallery

EDIT: I'm using harmattan version, I don't know if this works for fremantle...

Version 2.0.1 for supporters is out
I heard that willy gardiol had some troubles with QA for version 2.0 (there is stil 1.2.9 only in the store) but the new version has been submitted, let's see... However, there is a mailing list of supporters, just contact the developer after buying it!

Version 2.0.0 is very stable and is working great.
Unfortunately, Nokia store has still problems approving the 2.0.0 meego build.
Version 2.0.1 introduces some little improvements in the track creation process and a few bugfixes for meego.

Originally Posted by Lucazz990 View Post
Version 2.0.1 for supporters is out
I heard that willy gardiol had some troubles with QA for version 2.0 (there is stil 1.2.9 only in the store) but the new version has been submitted, let's see... However, there is a mailing list of supporters, just contact the developer after buying it!

The Following User Says Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
Atm the only problem I have with 2.0 is the altitude tracking, strangely it was more accurate in 1.2.9 at least for me... I hope i can try the new version this weekend if it doesn't rain too much (again!!)