Active Topics

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
and just for information» i can use only one base . 300 meters minimum or say better a kilometer?? I have a bit Clear line of sight. Dont mind about battery life. Dont even tell to use network its ultraslow 2g what other options do i have? u cannot find wifi over a couple of miles here and dont even think 3g my house was the first to recieve a landline . Tv cd mobile etc even electricty

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 308 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Graveyard
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
i exactly want this would it be possible to communicate to other gsm handset directly
I didn't quite get what you guys are discussing about. Something like a peer to peer communication using 2G/3G bands? If yes, I guess a network simulator could help you. For eg, Anritsu. It simulates everything as per your requirement. The UE will camp on to whichever cell you want it to camp on (2G/3G) and then you can do whatever you want. But I don't know in which all simulators you can connect multiple UEs simultaneously. But hmm... this thing is not really affordable

Okay, if you guys are talking about something else, ignore what I wrote above

Last edited by ranbaxy; 2013-06-26 at 20:03.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ranbaxy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ranbaxy View Post
I didn't quite get what you guys are discussing about. Something like a peer to peer communication using 2G/3G bands? If yes, I guess a network simulator could help you. For eg, Anritsu. It simulates everything as per your requirement. The UE will camp on to whichever cell you want it to camp on (2G/3G) and then you can do whatever you want. But I don't know in which all simulators you can connect multiple UEs simultaneously. But hmm... this thing is not really affordable

Okay, if you guys are talking about something else, ignore what I wrote above
nope you got right . That was the discusion going previously but yeilded no result and like the bts its damm expensive as i found
anyway we are now discussing about wifi. Particulary long range connections. btw i need minimum 300 meters without routers?
Any help

Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
maybe, the first thing, you should tell us:
what's your goal?

from what i read, i think, what you need is a good old citizens band radio :-)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Leinad View Post
maybe, the first thing, you should tell us:
what's your goal?

from what i read, i think, what you need is a good old citizens band radio :-)
no no please dont pull me to radio stuffs i need to complete my studies

I want a 300 m media server and file transfer.

300 meters minimum because with that atleast i could roam around my house and my collection is way too big to be carried around
probably i am asking wierd or sounds weird as you guys have 3g lots of wifi spots and many ubquitious services devices etc but i dont have any facility

so i am thinking of getting a high speed dsl connection or something hook to a wifi and be able to use on portable devices like n900 to the maximum distance possible

Nokiabot, I think you are not going to get what you want for a reasonable price. Although WIFI and Bluetooth use unallocated spectrum there are probably legal requirements as to their range for consumer products. 300m in every direction is a huge distance and you are bound to cause interference or get interference from other devices.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kingstu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
and just for information» i can use only one base . 300 meters minimum or say better a kilometer?? I have a bit Clear line of sight. Dont mind about battery life. Dont even tell to use network its ultraslow 2g what other options do i have? u cannot find wifi over a couple of miles here and dont even think 3g my house was the first to recieve a landline . Tv cd mobile etc even electricty
Well I think it is (in theory - with ideal conditions) possible to get 1 kilometer Wifi range with ~8,5 MBit/s but there shouldn't stand something in signal's way.
You have to build a 'Cantenna', connect it with your router and fix it on your roof/ window.

I found a very good and technical article here about building such an antenna by Leibniz University of Hannover (Germany). It also contains a calculater for the perfect can-diameter and important information. You can find other important informations about the right cable and signals-characteristics here (german text)
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to willi6868 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
300 meters minimum because with that atleast i could roam around my house
I wish my house was 600m in diameter

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 280 | Thanked: 295 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Romania
No guys its 300 suare meters but with wifi?? How m new but i found out i could achieve atmost 50 to 100 meters
2-3 routers with same SSID. That's how my college campus works. Every router in the zone have the same SSID so the phone just moves to the most powerful router without losing any connectivity.

A single router may not be enough, since you didn't add in your calculation the inside walls of the house, which weakens the signal strength of a router.

I have a b/g D-Link router, and right now, I am at about... hmm 4-5 meters maximum from it, and on my laptop, i got just 3/5 signal bars. Moving outside the apartament (meaning +1 walls) i get just one bar of signal, so the most I can do out of my router is stand in front of the building block, inside the car, and use my router. I said f**k that, and I got a 3G data plan, and skydrive/dropbox as media storage.

@theox i will keep the router on the top of my house then?? I never mentioned i wanted it inside homenope i wont be able to use multiple routers just a single base

Tags
nokia m900, peer-to-peer