Posts: 443 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Grenoble, France
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
My advice to juiceme: if you have troubles with this inside linux, then despite the mental horror, boot into Windows or loan a friend's Windows machine for fifteen minutes. I spent several evenings trying these tools within Linux. Once I swallowed my pride, it was only a matter of 15 minutes until I had successfully downgraded the phone.

At least under Windows 10 I didn't have to download any drivers, just have Mousse04 image on USB stick and download Flashtool. Easy peasy. The DRM backup software seemed to work well within linux after flashing MM.
Yes the DRM and SailfishOS stuffs are easy after this fu... downgrade

The Following User Says Thank You to mousse04 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 259 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Cambridge, England
Hi

If you used flashtool, where did you get it from?

I tried downloading from http://www.flashtool.net/downloads.php

and the md5sum doesn't match for either the Linux or Windows versions, e.g.

Windows md5 sum on website is E06829037E0F1291BC53E45B012D6FDF

but on the file downloaded it is
ceab49b14bf84eacf8ce0202e2498b5e flashtool-0.9.23.1-windows.exe

Linux md5 sum on website is
3C70AF72F9B9E45C195F9192409E0C0F

but on the file downloaded it is
a68d331f710b78f7eaf4350e70d3e693 flashtool-0.9.23.1-linux.tar.7z

md5sum's on 0.9.23.1 before patch 0.9.23.2

Has anyone got a version with the matching md5 sum?

Rich

Last edited by richie; 2017-10-03 at 18:21. Reason: added Linux md5sum

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to richie For This Useful Post:
bummer. So I received my Xperia X F5121 from Amazon today and of course wanted to flash the community image right away. I did the TA backup and wanted to unlock the bootloader. As described in the guide, I went to check the status in the service menu and there it says under "Confguration": "Bootloader unlock allowed: No". The way I understand it, it's not possible to unlock the bootloader and flash SFOS, right?
This really puzzles me, since it is a full priced retail version. Is there a possibility to unlock the bootloader that I'm missing (like flashing another ROM first) or do I have to return the phone?

The Following User Says Thank You to jenix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jenix View Post
bummer. So I received my Xperia X F5121 from Amazon today and of course wanted to flash the community image right away.
I did not care about any DRM stuff.
But I found it being a real lockin procedure since it was impossible to unlock the bootloader unless I
* actually started the phone (not only vol-up start),
* set up the android,
* enabled developer mode by clicking 7-8 times on the build item in the about/system in settings section, and
* then checked the then appeared "allow bootloader unlock" as the last step.

Not sure if it will help you or fit your situation, but to me this was a completely wasteful step of an hour or so. They claim it is for protecting active installations that you cannot allow direct flash of phones in use, but it was no active installation (and never used before) since I had to actually set it up and avoid installing and configuring phone-home features etc ... I only wanted to unlock and flash.
The good part of it was that it took two minutes flat to flash the image until booting SailfishOS after the bootloader unlock (which took only a fraction of a second).

Cheers,

Last edited by ljo; 2017-10-05 at 16:33. Reason: spelling

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ljo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jenix View Post
bummer. So I received my Xperia X F5121 from Amazon today and of course wanted to flash the community image right away. I did the TA backup and wanted to unlock the bootloader. As described in the guide, I went to check the status in the service menu and there it says under "Confguration": "Bootloader unlock allowed: No".
That is not a usual retail version, for sure. Return it

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ljo View Post
I did not care about any DRM stuff.
But I found it being a real lockin procedure since it was impossible to unlock the bootloader unless I
* actually started the phone (not only vol-up start),
* set up the android,
* enabled developer mode by clicking 7-8 times on the build item in the about/system in settings section, and
* then checked the then appeared "allow bootloader unlock" as the last step.
Thanks for your reply. That's exactly what I did as well: Started up Android, skipped through the initial Android setup, enabled Developer mode and then checked the Service menu for the bootloader unlock (which states "No" in my case).
So I guess I'll have to send it back and look for another source.

Not sure about service menu. Sounds like you did not do the last step. I am pretty sure the allow bootloader unlock option was in the settings section. I swithed it from no to yes and then shut down the phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to ljo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lantern View Post
That is not a usual retail version, for sure. Return it
Sure seems like it. It also has a strange model number on the box. Most shops list the black Xperia X F5121 as Model 1302-9401 or 1302-8005, mine is "1302-5472 Rev 3".
Maybe we should start a list which model number can be unlocked and which one can't?

No need. You just got an operator model. Maybe it was "refurbished" by some dishonest seller.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Got my Xperia X (F5122 dual sim) and found out it's running 7.1.1 tried looking for a marshmallow firmware for it but couldn't find anything

What are the DRM keys for? It is purely for warranty and being able to restore phone to it's previous android state?

The Following User Says Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:

Tags
bootloader, xperia ☓