Posts: 135 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ San Fran
Yep it seems to add contacts that are already using it. I dont have it never used it, don't know anyone that does. not much use lol, was hoping this allowed integration with other services. oh wells.

Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Push notifications work fine when the app is closed, get a blue flag icon on the status bar and a notification on the notifications part of the events page

Also friends are automatically updated
screenshot?

Originally Posted by Hakki_01 View Post
screenshot?
Here you go The Task Manager Screenshot is just to prove that eBuddyXMS isn't running in the background and is closed

Notice the Blue Flag Icon at the top status bar next to the clock, and on the events homescreen

Also the lockscreen notification works the same as texts and emails, takes you directly to the app
Attached Images

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Last edited by godofwar424; 2011-12-16 at 22:35.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
great to know it support push well, a great alternative to whatsfail

i wonder why skype does not add this similar whatsapp like feature?

Last edited by youmeego; 2011-12-17 at 00:04.

Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
great to know it support push well, a great alternative to whatsfail

i wonder why skype does not add this similar whatsapp like feature?
Skype isnt push though, its a battery consuming network hog thats always polling and active. Its an older style IM client

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
There is no maemo 5 version yet...
There will be no maemo version at all (as I said in other thread). I extracted the deb for n9 to check the contents and it was more or less similarly organized (directory structure) then installed that n9 version and tried to run via xterm. I am not sure why that particular component of Qt is missing from n900. Or maybe it has different path in n9 and n900.

Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
I did not find any good or better things than original chat function is already giving http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=80687

Originally Posted by Makeclick View Post
I did not find any good or better things than original chat function is already giving http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=80687
people are crazy for this kind of app becasue they can replace normal paid sms with free sms, traditional im dont support push, so you will not get instant messsage when you are offline? am i right? if skype with push notification technology, i will say bye bye to whatsapp, ebuddy, etc.

Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Here you go The Task Manager Screenshot is just to prove that eBuddyXMS isn't running in the background and is closed

Notice the Blue Flag Icon at the top status bar next to the clock, and on the events homescreen

Also the lockscreen notification works the same as texts and emails, takes you directly to the app
Ok, that's nice.. will do some more testing this afternoon with my brother

ok, it's working now.. GREAT!!!
did some disable and enable stuff + reboot and it works now..
Hope there will be in icon in status bar when app is open in future + notification on standby screen (just like for messages)

Seems like sound still works when i'm on silent and app is open.. don't mind that.. sound will warn me for message in stead of icon..
But it's better to close the app when you aren't chatting.

Last edited by Hakki_01; 2011-12-17 at 12:07.