Posts: 44 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Germany
I just released a tiny update with a few fixes.
Also i changed the organisation name, meaning your config will be reset (also login data) but you can fix it with copying the config to the new location:
Code:
cp /home/user/.config/ttrss/ttrss.conf /home/user/.config/Hauke\ Schade/ttrss.conf

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cnlpete For This Useful Post:
i just released a small update which shows the feed title and feed icon when browsing through 'all feeds' or 'all articles'.

sadly i only noticed the czech translation updates after the update but will make another update next weekend, maybe the russian translation will be done by then aswell

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cnlpete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Sorry for the partial offtopic: did you start the porting to SailfishOS version?

Originally Posted by minimos View Post
Sorry for the partial offtopic: did you start the porting to SailfishOS version?
Im sorry for not posting anything for this long, but i was/am super busy with the job-hunt.

However id started porting the ui to sailfish, but as i do not have a jolla, i can only test in the simulator. So far so good, that is working. but i am unsure of how to generate a rpm for jolla phones (i only have the *.i586.rpm file but they need an arm_somthing (or am i mistaken?)). Please advise me on the build procedure for the jolla phone without having one.

If you want to build this thing yourself and test it, go ahead and grab it from github. The master branch should work.
As a sidenote, i did not update/generate any language files yet, so it is english only for now.

If you have any suggestions regarding the ui, feel free

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cnlpete For This Useful Post:
Ok, i managed to build this armv7hl.rpm .... i would appreciate you testing this, you can get it under:

schad.es/harbour-ttrss-latest

If it works and has no major flaw, i will then upload it to openrepos, but please confirm that it is working first. Thx

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cnlpete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by cnlpete View Post
Ok, i managed to build this armv7hl.rpm .... i would appreciate you testing this, you can get it under:

schad.es/harbour-ttrss-latest

If it works and has no major flaw, i will then upload it to openrepos, but please confirm that it is working first. Thx
I just installed it on the device and it works great. No issues whatsoever. Thank you!

EDIT:
Found some issues afterall:
  • it doesn't automatically mark articles as read even though the option is active in Settings
  • special characters (like řšč...) are not shown in the article list (they're fine in article view, though)
  • the 'Show All' option is not remembered - the app always starts with the 'Show Unread' option

I have some suggestions as well, but those are not critical:
  • app cover could be used to go through new articles, so you could check them without going into the app
  • the 'Settings' and 'About' options could be visible only in the folder view - it would make space in the article view for some more options
  • could you add options to show Special->New or Special->All on startup?

PS: I'm sorry I didn't give you any advice about the armv7hl target - I've got the target set up, but I remember I originally had issues with it as well and I can't recall the exact steps I had to take

Last edited by nodevel; 2014-04-03 at 19:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
First of all, thanks for porting ttrss on Jolla!

I'll have more feedback once I started to use it, but as I use a dark ambience/background, several feed icons having a transparent background (i.e. assuming it's white) get difficult to recognize, and also tiny text is not too readable, so an option to switch to a light background could improve usability.

The Following User Says Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Testing this also. Thanks for porting cnlpete.

The only thing I've noticed so far is that installing this rpm overwrites the ttrss-lite app that is available in the Jolla Store. Presumably they both have the same name?

Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
I just installed it on the device and it works great. No issues whatsoever. Thank you!
thanks

EDIT:
Found some issues afterall:
  • it doesn't automatically mark articles as read even though the option is active in Settings
fixed, this was due to a dev-setting i used for testing, which i forgot to remove

• special characters (like řšč...) are not shown in the article list (they're fine in article view, though)
for me german umaltus (äöü) as well as a few others (é) are working in the feeditems list. if they don't for your device, can you provide me with an rss feed in which they are not working?

• the 'Show All' option is not remembered - the app always starts with the 'Show Unread' option
added to my todo list

I have some suggestions as well, but those are not critical:
  • app cover could be used to go through new articles, so you could check them without going into the app
a proper cover is on my todo list aswell

• the 'Settings' and 'About' options could be visible only in the folder view - it would make space in the article view for some more options
done

• could you add options to show Special->New or Special->All on startup?
added a note on my todo list

PS: I'm sorry I didn't give you any advice about the armv7hl target - I've got the target set up, but I remember I originally had issues with it as well and I can't recall the exact steps I had to take
Was actually pretty easy, just had to use the 'Deploy' function in the qtcreator i was using build / execute before and the execute button was not available for the arm target...

The Following User Says Thank You to cnlpete For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by minimos View Post
First of all, thanks for porting ttrss on Jolla!

I'll have more feedback once I started to use it, but as I use a dark ambience/background, several feed icons having a transparent background (i.e. assuming it's white) get difficult to recognize, and also tiny text is not too readable, so an option to switch to a light background could improve usability.
I added an option for the images to have a white background. Hopefully that fixes that issue, i am currently reluctant to add an own background image, as then all the Theme colors for the labels have to be adjusted aswell ....

Also which tiny text are you talking about? Mostly i am using small and medium fontsettings provided by the Theme object.
For the ItemView, you can manually adjust this setting in the Settings

Tags
tinytinyrss, tt-rss