Originally Posted by Estel View Post
kernel-power-settings is stuck in repos madness, so it require manual tweaks to be compatible with kernel-cssu.
Not anymore. Since 0.15 version it is not require kernel-power if kernel-cssu is installed.

The Following User Says Thank You to hxka For This Useful Post:
Per my best knowledge, version 15 got deleted from repos, manually. Lately, Pali tried to upload it again, and I remember hearing something about kps.15 being available from repos (but this time, lacking from web package interface), so You may be right, that it's no longer the case.

Still, I think sticking with msot recent version of KP - instead of changing them everytime one is few days ahead with implementing new features - is best thing to do, currently.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 235 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Manila
@freemangordon

CSSU-thumb does not include arcean's h-d which supports greying out of a window when closed in task switcher?

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 1,260 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Poland
Originally Posted by kent_autistic View Post
@freemangordon

CSSU-thumb does not include arcean's h-d which supports greying out of a window when closed in task switcher?
It's not ready yet . IIRC there was a bug reported which I must investigate.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to arcean For This Useful Post:
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin, Germany
I installed this today, I was using the stable CSSU and everything went well. The phone seems somehow more responsive but I don't see a lot less memory being used, maybe is the new toolchain making it go faster.Anyway, so far, so good. Thanks!

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ France
Installed it five days ago, it's excellent job ! My N900 is smoother and better in many ways.
There is just one thing quite annoying, it's there are freezes when I use Opera. They last like 10-20s. I don't think it happens with any other app but I'll pay more attention to it.

Vlad

Originally Posted by Vlad_on_the_road View Post
freezes when I use Opera. They last like 10-20s.
That bug was around before cssu-thumb came up. Disabling opera link fixed that one for me.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to whisk4s For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by llucax View Post
I installed this today, I was using the stable CSSU and everything went well. The phone seems somehow more responsive but I don't see a lot less memory being used, maybe is the new toolchain making it go faster.Anyway, so far, so good. Thanks!
Well, the way linux uses memory is why you don't see "lot less memory being used". i.e. unused RAM is used as filesystem cache, for good . you may want to check swap usage though, it should be down by 20-30 MB.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
to support freemangordans post:

http://www.linuxatemyram.com/ tells you how linux makes use of spare ram for caching until it needs it for application data.

in xterm run "free". in the second line, +- buffers/cache, the free column is the actual ammount of free memory.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
to support freemangordans post:

http://www.linuxatemyram.com/ tells you how linux makes use of spare ram for caching until it needs it for application data.

in xterm run "free". in the second line, +- buffers/cache, the free column is the actual ammount of free memory.
Well, "cat /proc/meminfo" does a better job on maemo, as free does not display cache for some reason.

EDIT:
http://www.redhat.com/advice/tips/meminfo.html

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:

Tags
code size, dinosaurs, fmg ftw!, fmg.da.king, performance, thumb, thumb life