Notices

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany

New version - with .deb package and GTK gui.

I've been tweaking the gtkui.c to get it to fit and function.

Rendering is currently a scanline 2x scaler. Running lemmings about 5 fps.

Currently working on mapping buttons to pause emu, set fullscreen mode, and run the hardware scaler only when appropriate :/

Sound doesn't work at all - using /dev/dsp

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ArnimS For This Useful Post:
Posts: 229 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Sacramento, California
ArnimS,

Kudos on what you have done with porting UAE to the NIT. Man, this is awesome to have it on the Nokia where I had it already on my VGA PPC.

I was wondering if there were any advancements in the following areas:

1) Absolute pointer positioning versus relative?
2) Sound emulation?
3) Right, left click options maybe using the menu and undo buttons?

Beyond that, it's really cool getting the hard-disk file working and booting from that. But the most frustrating thing is the pointer tapping makes it very hard to use as each tap is a click as well. Maybe by using the hardware buttons of menu and undo/esc would make all the difference?

Anyways, a million thanks to you for getting this to work.

I'm fed up with emu/gaming performance on 770. Will work on new ports and uae when i get the N810.

There is *no* way to get absolute mouse positioning in something like dosbox. On UAE it might be possible to hack the OS to get absolute position from SDL, but this would require an amige OS hacker to implement.

*edit* so the way to get some kind of usable mouse would be to use screen like a trackpad, and implement click with a hardware button.

Choosing a button for this is difficult, since the tablet has few free buttons. Possibly the +/- buttons could be mapped to left click and right click. Would you like this?

Last edited by ArnimS; 2007-12-28 at 15:25.

The Following User Says Thank You to ArnimS For This Useful Post:
I have just managed to run it on n800 with os2008. It works, very slow but works.
There is a strange issue with screen though as the display is moved down a little, I have attached a screenshot. Also, imho, it is probably not worth taking alook at e-uae as it is x86 optimized version of uae based on winuae. It certainly has a lot of x86 asm customizations. I suggest perhaps having a look at cyclone core as it is already highly optimized for arm (picodrive which is based on the cyclone core, works beautifully on Nokia n95 which happens to have exactly the same cpu as N8x0)
Btw. Kudos to the author of Kerez, it makes launching command line only apps so much easier.

Name:  shot-2008-01-06-20-46-01.jpg
Views: 1073
Size:  12.1 KB

Originally Posted by spirytsick View Post
I have just managed to run it on n800 with os2008. It works, very slow but works.
There is a strange issue with screen though as the display is moved down a little, I have attached a screenshot.
Yeah UAE doesn't scale/position screens in the various modes properly.

Thanks for the Kerez pointer - i was using load-applet-run on it2006.

N810 obviously is a much nicer device for the computer emulators, and i'll spend a few days doing chinook builds for each.

Obviously x86 optimizations are out. I'm aware of the cyclone cpu emulator but there are incompatibilities between the cores which require a lot of work to iron-out. It's all do-able though.

Thanks for the info. If you ever need a tester please do not hesitate to contact me. I'd love to have uae working. I think it should be possible to emulate a500 at full speed as the gp2x emulators are doing just that with much slower cpu. I realise AGA will probably have to wait until time when the tablets are much more powerfull.

btw. I have noticed you are releasing a lot of stuff. There many other emulators you might have a look at if you haven't got anything more important to do, such us the 8-bit machines like spectrum or atari ?

I need to focus on doing a better job on less ports. I hope my ports page shows which apps are easy to port encourages others to pick up projects they are interested-in.

Off the top of my head, the first things the UAE port needs is a sdl-games frontend, os2007 and 2008 builds, support for relative mouse positioning (dragging stylus over streen like with a touchpad).

Following that, one could look into better screen placement and integration of optimized ARM assembly modules (cyclone core, etc).

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on May 2007 @ BKNYC
E-uae....
??????????

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Temple Terrorist, FL
Originally Posted by unique311 View Post
E-uae....
??????????
I compiled E-UAE in Scratchbox tonight and have it running on OS 2008. The GUI is rather nice. But I don't have AmiSys running quite yet (Ich spreka Deutch nitch) despite several hours of messing with it. I can boot off a WorkBench 3.1 disk image though. The mouse is "sticky".
Apple 68k Mac: Basilisk II
Commodore 64: Frodo
Palm OS: Access GarnetVM
TI-89 Calculator: TiEmu 2

Originally Posted by OSEmuTech View Post
I compiled E-UAE in Scratchbox tonight and have it running on OS 2008. The GUI is rather nice. But I don't have AmiSys running quite yet (Ich spreka Deutch nitch) despite several hours of messing with it. I can boot off a WorkBench 3.1 disk image though. The mouse is "sticky".
How's the performance?