Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
I don't think this port will get any Android support. If someone could get AlienDalvik to run on this port, it still is only Android 4.0, which many Apos don't support today. Anbox isn't working on any port as of today as far as i know and i'm not sure if it will ever run on the old Kernel which the Nexus5 uses. Trying to make SFDroid work isn't worth the effort, because sadly there are so many things that didn't work...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mautz View Post
Code:
adaptation-community-common-hammerhead 
http://repo.merproject.org/obs/nemo:/testing:/hw:/common/sailfishos_3.0.3.9/

adaptation-community-hammerhead
http://repo.merproject.org/obs/home:/mautz:/sfos-latest/sailfishos_3.0.3.9_latest_armv7hl/
You are amazing, mautz! Thank you so much! The upgrade worked like a charm.

Just wondering, was there a reason to rename the repo adaptation-community-common to adaptation-community-common-hammerhead?

Originally Posted by mautz View Post
Anyone who wants to tweak his Nexus a little bit more can install the custom kernel from the second post and play around with the variables in /sys.
Are there any obvious benefits?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post:
The naming scheme adaptation-community-common-$DEVICE is suggested for all ports, you can name the repos like you want if the URLs are correct.

Benefits of the custom kernel are for example underclocking/overclocking, fiddling around with CPU and CPU hotplug governors etc. It basically has many functions which are included in custom made kernels for Android.

Last edited by mautz; 2019-05-23 at 22:11.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 163 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Feb 2017 @ Tbilisi, Georgia (caucasus)
Guys someone on 4pda forum (down is a link to source post) said that he just installed aliendalvik package on nexus 5 with CM13 base and it worked. But he said he was not able to reproduce what he has done to get it to work. I looked into it earlier wanted to get my AD package to work with CM13 base but i could not. I do not believe that it got working itself magically, but i asked him to upload TWRP backup of that working system. If it's true (I believe it's not) he will upload it and i will be able to create AD package for nexu 5 with CM13 base.

Here is source in this post. https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&s...ost&p=85472391

For now do not expect anything, as i do not know at all if it's true.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to matemana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
I hope it's true! Thank you for the update

The Following User Says Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Nov 2018 @ Seoul Korea
Please refer to the following URL for 3.0.3.10 version in Early Access.

https://together.jolla.com/question/...tes-303-hossa/

I will try to upgrade the 3.0.3.10 version by using the mautz's report #464 of the page 47(revision of #463 of the page 48, sorry ) on this weekend.
I hope to will be improved the mobile and wifi network connections.

Addition...

Well upgraded to 3.0.3.10.
I rebooted the system 3 times. The network connections are good.
The others are no trobles.

As you can know, sailfish os is 3.0.3.10. But the repos of hammerhead is base on 3.0.3.9 that mautz made.

Last edited by runwithcow; 2019-06-01 at 15:36.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to runwithcow For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by runwithcow View Post
Well upgraded to 3.0.3.10.
Thanks for the info. Did you happen to note the packages that were upgraded? Was there any overlap with the "special" packages from mautz's repos?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Nov 2018 @ Seoul Korea
Originally Posted by dubliner View Post
Thanks for the info. Did you happen to note the packages that were upgraded? Was there any overlap with the "special" packages from mautz's repos?
When 3.0.3.10 was upgraded, 2 or 3 packages were downloaded.
There were no any special packages.

The processes that I tried are as following.
devel-su
ssu lr
erase all repos except the adaptation-community-common-hammerhead and adaptation-community-hammerhead which mautz recommanded for 3.0.3.9.
ssu release 3.0.3.10
0version --dup
reboot

Addition...
I used 3.0.3.10 3 days and returned to 3.0.3.9.
The network connections were not so good.
The internet was too slow than 3.0.3.9 and founded trobles in favorites function.

Last edited by runwithcow; 2019-06-07 at 05:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to runwithcow For This Useful Post:
Posts: 163 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Feb 2017 @ Tbilisi, Georgia (caucasus)
Originally Posted by claustn View Post
I hope it's true! Thank you for the update
Well that man uploaded his backup. I am currently downloading it and will restore it on my nexus 5. I will have an answer in about 2 hours (yeah backup is 1.1 GB and my internet is SLOWWWWWWW) if aliendalvik works there. I still do not believe that my package magically started working on CM13 base. This is not magic this is computer program there is no magic in here

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to matemana For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dubliner View Post
2 Packages are upgraded, version and version-variant, so nothing new for the Nexus.

Originally Posted by matemana View Post
Well that man uploaded his backup. I am currently downloading it and will restore it on my nexus 5. I will have an answer in about 2 hours (yeah backup is 1.1 GB and my internet is SLOWWWWWWW) if aliendalvik works there. I still do not believe that my package magically started working on CM13 base. This is not magic this is computer program there is no magic in here
The backup does not boot for me, maybe it is because i am using multirom...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post: