Posts: 24 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ North America (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
Is there support for Google Maps & Latitude on the N9 yet? Over the past year, Latitude in particular (along with Maps of course before that) has become something I'm really into, & is something I hope is on the N9. Does anyone here know if there is support for it?

The Following User Says Thank You to adam917 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
CloudGPS works on N9 and can use Google Maps.
I don't know about Latitude yet.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

We had some discussion of Latitude and there's even some code floating about to perform Latitude updates.

E.g. http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=38542

Last edited by lardman; 2011-12-23 at 18:15.

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 199 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Concepcion, Chile

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rlinfati For This Useful Post:
Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
I personally think this updater is better (tried them both). However what I'd really like is an implementation like you have with the N900, which only updates when it detects a change in position, which saves battery life. I seem to remember having 1 minute updates on the N900 without adverse effects. Still on the N9 I can have 10 minute updates without big problems.

The real issue though is checking google latitude on the N9. I can't open the Google Latitude on the built in browser, nor on Opera or Firefox. Anyone know of a way to check my friends' location using the N9?

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ North America (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
Originally Posted by noetus View Post
I personally think this updater is better (tried them both). However what I'd really like is an implementation like you have with the N900, which only updates when it detects a change in position, which saves battery life. I seem to remember having 1 minute updates on the N900 without adverse effects. Still on the N9 I can have 10 minute updates without big problems.

The real issue though is checking google latitude on the N9. I can't open the Google Latitude on the built in browser, nor on Opera or Firefox. Anyone know of a way to check my friends' location using the N9?
Did you try going to latitude.google.com, logging in, & seeing if it comes up?

Originally Posted by adam917 View Post
Did you try going to latitude.google.com, logging in, & seeing if it comes up?
Yes; it redirects to m.google.com/latitude and that doesn't work on our phones - with any browser.

With the N900 it was fine because you had basically a desktop-class browser, complete with mouse pointer when you needed it. Google latitude was no problemo on that machine.

OK, so Google has a public API for Google Latitude. Come on coders, surely some one of you can whip up an app for the N9 to show locations of your friends!

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by noetus View Post
OK, so Google has a public API for Google Latitude. Come on coders, surely some one of you can whip up an app for the N9 to show locations of your friends!
This may be of interest to the dev that recently released a google+ app.
http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=5451

Has anything changed with this lately? In the June of this year, I'll be in the market for a high end phone & I became acquainted with Android in recent months, including purchasing a couple apps (one of which is a Latitude updater). Foursquare is another thing I'm into now, and I hope an N9 app's available that does allow me to continue getting points, badges, & mayorships.