Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Strange how the new full version of Angry Birds takes SOOOO long to load (at least on my N9) after you click on the icon.

Watched it start up in the X terminal and it turns out that Angry Birds is initializing the NFC components and setting it to listen. This, coupled with some bad syntax (it just fails over without certain attributes available, no big deal) seems to contribute to the long load time.

Real question is, what NFC functionality did the devs put into Angry Birds on the N9? Maybe they kept the enhancements from the “with magic” version, but this is not referenced in any user facing portions of the game…

The Following User Says Thank You to cddiede For This Useful Post:
I seem to remember reading somewhere that one can unlock some extra levels using NFC, there are a fair few web pages about it, e.g.: http://mashable.com/2011/04/19/nokia-angry-birds-2/

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Originally Posted by lardman View Post
I seem to remember reading somewhere that one can unlock some extra levels using NFC, there are a fair few web pages about it, e.g.: http://mashable.com/2011/04/19/nokia-angry-birds-2/
That article reference "Angry Birds with Magic" which is the small free version of the game that comes with every N9. That version unlocks extra levels when NFC bumped against another N9 (or if you use the ForeverAlone hack).

What I'm seeing here is the regular full version of Angry Birds (seemingly identical to the one released for the N900), as running code to initialize the N9's NFC components with no apparent use case to do so.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cddiede For This Useful Post:
Ah my apologies, no clue in that case I'm afraid.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
Real question is, what NFC functionality did the devs put into Angry Birds on the N9? Maybe they kept the enhancements from the “with magic” version, but this is not referenced in any user facing portions of the game…
That's really odd, I guess the best way to get a explanation, is to contact them & ask "what gives?"
Maybe (hopefully) they plan to bring some of the unique aspects of Magic, to this full version?
Though I imagine they'd be running away from N9/Maemo6x, now that this is ticked-off on their list

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Melbourne
[QUOTE=cddiede;1140793]Strange how the new full version of Angry Birds takes SOOOO long to load (at least on my N9) after you click on the icon.
QUOTE]

same here too, about 40 seconds from touch to main screen, by far and away the slowest loading app on my device

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Helsinki
Maybe next christmas there would can buy a new fancy birds with some stupid coupons with that?

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rotterdam, port to Europe !
There is an app to unlock the levels without using the NFC
And it also changes it back !
"Foreveralone"

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by eerde View Post
There is an app to unlock the levels without using the NFC
And it also changes it back !
"Foreveralone"
He's not talking about the angry birds version you're thinking of.
Re-read....

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-12-26 at 16:37.

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rotterdam, port to Europe !
the NFC functionality (to ulock the next levels) is in Angry Birds Magic !
Re-read pls.