Notices

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Sweden
I finally managed to get aireplay-ng to compile in scratchbox, after alot of cussing and driving my girlfriend totally nuts.
Anyway I loaded the rt73 driver and then iwpriv wlan1 rfmontx 1, after that I tested injection with aireplay-ng wlan1 --test, and aireplay found one AP and reported that injections worked.

I don't have the skills (yet) to make a deb package, but if anyone of you guys want to trie it out I can put up the binary files + driver.

Pardon my slightly confused post and bad english, but I have been at this this for about 9 hours non-stop.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mutex For This Useful Post:
That's incredible! I hope it's fully working. Thanks for all your effort! Can you please tell me how to do this on my N800? Please keep us up to date. Thanks again.

Binary + files + a nice readme to boot please

i would also appreciate the binaries

Ok I'll post a little howto tomorrow + all the needed file, but right now I gotta get some sleep.

The Following User Says Thank You to mutex For This Useful Post:
Great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude you`re the man!

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ California
muahahahaha ::evilgrin:: been waitin for that, i thought it was a hardware issue, didn't know it could be resolved so easily..

not bad my good friend, the n8x0 just went up a couple notches .. anyone try metasploit on os2008?.. i remember msfweb being pretty darn slow on os2007.. haven't tried it as of yet

The Following User Says Thank You to truent For This Useful Post:
1 install package becomroot
2 install package wirelesstools, dl from http://olya.com/maemo/ (big thanks to ag2).
3 in xterm type "sudo gainroot"
4 dowload test.tar.gz to N800 internal memory ie /home/user/MyDocs/.documents/
http://rapidshare.com/files/77821232/test.tar.gz.html

5 extract test.tar.gz with "tar -xvzf test.tar.gz"

You will now have a folder called test that should contain:
aircrack-ng aireplay-ng airodump-ng rt73.bin rt73.ko

6 type "cd test", then copy rt73.bin to /lib/firmware/ with "cp rt73.bin /lib/firmware/"
7 Now activate host mode "echo host > /sys/devices/platform/musb_hdrc/mode"
8 Plug in wifi adapter to powerd hub
9 Load the driver with insmod ./rt73.ko
10 check that everything worked by checking the output from dmesg or iwconfig

You should now have an new interface called wlan1

11 Activate injection with "iwpriv wlan1 rfmontx 1" verify with "iwpriv wlan1 get_rfmontx"
12 Check injection with aireplay-ng, "./aireplay-ng wlan1 --test", aireplay-ng needs a AP in range in order to test injection, I had to run it a couple of times ,and move my wifi adapter before it worked.
Sometimes you need to run "ifconfig wlan1 up", so try that if you get into trouble.

Well that's it, and please let me know if something is wrong (I'm no linux guru)

Last edited by mutex; 2007-12-20 at 08:53.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mutex For This Useful Post:
Oh and another thing, I bought myself a mini powerd usb-hub that runs on 5V from the AC adapter, but instead I'm running it of 4 R6 (AA) batteries hooked up in series -> 1.2V x 4 (nimh battries) = 4.8V and that's close enough, it works great so now I'm mobile.
Just remember to use nimh rechargable batteris, regular one have an higher voltage (1.5V) and might fry your equipment.

Last edited by mutex; 2007-12-20 at 09:28. Reason: bad english

Originally Posted by mutex View Post
1 install package becomroot
2 install package wirelesstools, dl from http://olya.com/maemo/ (big thanks to ag2).
3 in xterm type "sudo gainroot"
4 dowload test.tar.gz to N800 internal memory ie /home/user/MyDocs/.documents/
http://rapidshare.com/files/77821232/test.tar.gz.html

5 extract test.tar.gz with "tar -xvzf test.tar.gz"

You will now have a folder called test that should contain:
aircrack-ng aireplay-ng airodump-ng rt73.bin rt73.ko

6 type "cd test", then copy rt73.bin to /lib/firmware/ with "cp rt73.bin /lib/firmware/"
7 Now activate host mode "echo host > /sys/devices/platform/musb_hdrc/mode"
8 Plug in wifi adapter to powerd hub
9 Load the driver with insmod ./rt73.ko
10 check that everything worked by checking the output from dmesg or iwconfig

You should now have an new interface called wlan1

11 Activate injection with "iwpriv wlan1 rfmontx 1" verify with "iwpriv wlan1 get_rfmontx"
12 Check injection with aireplay-ng, "./aireplay-ng wlan1 --test", aireplay-ng needs a AP in range in order to test injection, I had to run it a couple of times ,and move my wifi adapter before it worked.
Sometimes you need to run "ifconfig wlan1 up", so try that if you get into trouble.

Well that's it, and please let me know if something is wrong (I'm no linux guru)
I cant do this using the built-in wifi chip ? i need a external wifi adapter for this to work ? Great work BTW