Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by kudos1uk View Post
Is this the same for me?

This is my stream: http://mediaweb.musicradio.com/playlist.asx?streamid=11
This is another Windows Media stream, but the workaround isn't as easy as with the Captain's radio station. I'm sorry to say I can't look into it more right now, but I'll see if I can get some time this evening to play with it.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Can't thank you enough for your help...I am only using the N800 for internet radio so I will go ahead and move the beta os2008 now.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Capt Jack View Post
Another question, I tried stations on the Real Radio Guide
http://radio.real.com/?rnd=119790571...s-player=false
none of these work, so at this point the only stations I can get to work are the ones on Shoutcast. If there is anyway to get the Real Radio stations to work, that would be great!
I'll look into this more later. The standard media players in OS2007 & OS2008 do support Real streams, so there may be a way of making at least some of these streams work. Anything that requires the purchase of a Real RadioPass is likely off limits, but there's a chance the free streams might work. I'll have to see what's happening in whatever metafiles and redirects they're using.

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
This is another Windows Media stream, but the workaround isn't as easy as with the Captain's radio station. I'm sorry to say I can't look into it more right now, but I'll see if I can get some time this evening to play with it.
Thanks sjgadsby, I appreciate that.

I updated to OS2008 and your link worked great.

Now, trying to get the Real Radio links to work.

Thanks!!

My N800 with OS2007 plays wma files. I was a little surprised actually.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by DJames1 View Post
My N800 with OS2007 plays wma files. I was a little surprised actually.
WMA was not supported in OS2007.

Originally Posted by Capt Jack View Post
Another question, I tried stations on the Real Radio Guide
http://radio.real.com/?rnd=119790571...s-player=false
none of these work...
I don't think the Real RadioPass stations will work on the Internet tablets. I haven't tested them (I hate having to call companies to cancel free trials), but they appear to rely upon having a full, desktop-style RealPlayer. Media Player on the Internet tablets just has the codecs.

As for the free streams on Real's site, they appear to be streams that exist elsewhere. Real just gathers them together in their directory and links out to them. So, look through Real's listings, and if you see a free station you'd like to try, do a Google search for it. Usually, it's easy to find the station's web site, and from what I'm seeing, those sites often provide easier (often MP3) access to the stream.

Last edited by sjgadsby; 2007-12-19 at 15:08.

If anyone has any other free Internet radio stations that seem like they should work with the Internet tablets, but Media Player is choking on the link, please post here. If you provide a link to the web site, I'll see if I can figure out how to make it work.