Poll: Are you moving to OS2008 now or waiting for the official release?
Poll Options
Are you moving to OS2008 now or waiting for the official release?

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Sep 2006 @ Manchester
i'll wait until i know that xournal works. (or i figure out how to build it in the sdk)

Posts: 357 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Sunny England :)
Well, there's now one more flashed n800. A fairly painless (if nerve-racking) experience. Thanks zero, for the impetus

kagu won't work managed to get it to install by manually adding the bora repos, but kagu-scanner complains about missing cairo module. any ideas?

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
No. All I know is that I had received some weird dbus error so I figured that it didn't work. When I noticed Kagu in my application menus today (despite a failed install) and tried it, I saw it worked. Not sure what you need for your problem. Didn't have that error.

did you install via the repos? it says it fails to install, no dbus error though, but won't run

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
I installed Python from the repos. I installed Kagu from the deb on the Kagu site, as suggested by disq. There was also an additional repository to add, but I can't remember it right now. I'll post it here when I have the time.

on a side note, omweather and simple-launcher applets both work, apart from transparency

yay! manually installed python and it's working

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Colorado Springs
You forgot a choice:

I loaded it to check it out and then reverted to OS2007.

(Until the Navkit license will work to get the Wayfinder software working... and I also need skype.)

I suspect that Skype and other projects like that have already got it all ported and ready.. but since the OS2008 is not officially released... we don't have the repositories yet. This is probably true for a lot of applications.

Kagu works now on Chinook, thanks to disq. See the new 1.0.10 release thread and this post in particular for details:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...3&postcount=11