Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I found bunanson's comment above to be true:

Use any editor, modify /etc/resolv.conf
===========================
nameserver 2607:FB90:BEEF:A::1
# nameserver 127.0.0.1
===========================

when using wifi, have to change back to 127.0.0.1

Does anyone know how to make this change in resolv.conf automatically when switching from wireless to an ipv6 connection? I don't know anything about Linux scripting.
You should not need to edit /etc/resolv.conf. Using 127.0.0.1 means use the local program "dnsmasq". dnsmasq gets the nameserver to query from /var/run/resolv.conf.gprs (among other files named resolv.conf* in /var/run). My libicd-network-3g-ipv6 package creates this file when you connect.

Are you using libicd-network-3g-ipv6? What happens when you use 127.0.0.1 in /etc/resolv.conf and you're on ipv6?

edit: it just occured to me that you could be using meego instead of maemo. If that's the case, then disregard this message.

Last edited by ddrown; 2010-10-27 at 16:16.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by ddrown View Post
You should not need to edit /etc/resolv.conf. Using 127.0.0.1 means use the local program "dnsmasq". dnsmasq gets the nameserver to query from /var/run/resolv.conf.gprs (among other files named resolv.conf* in /var/run). My libicd-network-3g-ipv6 package creates this file when you connect.

Are you using libicd-network-3g-ipv6? What happens when you use 127.0.0.1 in /etc/resolv.conf and you're on ipv6?

edit: it just occured to me that you could be using meego instead of maemo. If that's the case, then disregard this message.
I'm not using Meego.

127.0.0.1 works fine in /etc/resolv.conf when I'm using ipv6.

Yes, I'm using libicd-network-3g-ipv6.

If I shouldn't edit resolv.conf that's fine.

What exactly should I do with the suggestion that

"My suggestion is that your /etc/resolv.conf look like this to best use the local T-Mobile DNS64 as well as receive the native IPv6 content

namerserver 2607:FB90:BEEF:A::1

This name server should have the lowest latency since it is on the T-Mobile network and also serves the native google / youtube IPv6 content"

as is posted above?

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
What exactly should I do with the suggestion that

"My suggestion is that your /etc/resolv.conf look like this to best use the local T-Mobile DNS64 as well as receive the native IPv6 content

namerserver 2607:FB90:BEEF:A::1
Long answer: That's automatically done for you by libicd-network-3g-ipv6. It just puts the dns server in /var/run/resolv.conf.gprs (where dnsmasq looks for it) instead of /etc/resolv.conf (which disables dnsmasq's cache)

Short answer: you don't have to do anything

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ddrown For This Useful Post:
Long answer: That's automatically done for you by libicd-network-3g-ipv6. It just puts the dns server in /var/run/resolv.conf.gprs (where dnsmasq looks for it) instead of /etc/resolv.conf (which disables dnsmasq's cache)

Short answer: you don't have to do anything
manually editting /etc/resolv.conf is more for this method, http://n900-ipv6.garage.maemo.org/

It is not needed for the y libicd-network-3g-ipv6 method.

The Following User Says Thank You to tmojoe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tmojoe View Post
manually editting /etc/resolv.conf is more for this method, http://n900-ipv6.garage.maemo.org/

It is not needed for the y libicd-network-3g-ipv6 method.
Is ipv6 access using the libicd method currently working? Used to work for me way back in September but now I get an "Internet Connection Failed" popup when trying it.

Originally Posted by delaroca View Post
Is ipv6 access using the libicd method currently working? Used to work for me way back in September but now I get an "Internet Connection Failed" popup when trying it.
I had to reinstall the power kernel after updating to PR1.3. I'll have to make the error message clearer for my next update to libicd-network-3g-ipv6.

You can check to see if this is the problem by running "uname -r". If it says something like "2.6.28.10power40", that's the power kernel. If it says something like "2.6.28-omap1", that's the nokia kernel and you have to reinstall the power kernel.

If that's not the problem, let me know.

The Following User Says Thank You to ddrown For This Useful Post:
If that's not the problem, let me know.
The problem was simpler... the authorization to use ipv6 on my T-mobile account had dropped out... I was re-authorized and all is well now. I am still on PR1.2... thanks for your report on PR1.3.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Wow, t-mobile dropped you? That made members number dropped from 77 to 76! Does anybody know how precious you are? The total number of betatesters is only 77... freightening small for such utmost important beta!

bun

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
A friend of mine who is not a member of this forum tried to join the beta and her application was ignored. I guess they check whether you are a member here.

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ California
Originally Posted by delaroca View Post
The problem was simpler... the authorization to use ipv6 on my T-mobile account had dropped out... I was re-authorized and all is well now. I am still on PR1.2... thanks for your report on PR1.3.
How do you know you were dropped?? I'm having a problem getting iPv6 access after PR 1.3 and I've even email Cameron about it. I have been running the iPv4/iPv6 setup (http://n900-ipv6.garage.maemo.org/) for a couple of months and everything was fine until the upgrade. I've gone so far as to delete the scripts and download them again and configure them and I still can't get access. It made me wonder if they dropped me for some reason. I think I will email Cameron again...
Flash Memory: ADATA 32GB SDHC CL10-RA1
Overclocked to 1GHz [Titan's Kernel]
-----------------------------------
Other Device: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1653766084.png

Tags
ipv6s, tmobile