Active Topics

For owners of the PDair aluminum case for the N900, how do you like it?

Have you noticed any degradation of signal, be it 3G, GPRS, wifi, bluetooth, etc?

Does having a screen protector or even a full body shield (Zagg, etc) affect its installation/usability?

Any quirks/concerns worth mentioning?

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Trst - Trieste, Italy
I've ordered the PDair aluminum case as soon as it was available. I've got the black version - imho it looks way cooler than the "plain" aluminum one, but marks and scratches are much more evident.
I've used a PDair aluminum case for years with my HTC Wizard and with both smartphones I've never noticed any degradation of signal.
With the N900 I'm also using a Clear Protector Nokia N900 Extended Protector and it doesn't interfere with an external case.
The aluminum case adds a bit of bulk to the phone, but it gives a much better protection than everything but having it locked in a drawer My HTC fell from ~3 m (10 ft) and it got no damage at all. Even the case was still in good shape...

The Following User Says Thank You to Mitja For This Useful Post:
I have the Pdair black aluminium case on my phone. The quality is very good. When holding n900 in hand with the case on it feels more solid an robust. When loking for a case my first priority was that I could answer a cal without needing to open any lid. This case could provide that. Then it has a good lay on the table design. It ads more bulk to the device, but that's expected whit thise type of cases. It defenetly protects from scratches and protects in a case where device is droped on hard surfaces.

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Long Island, New York
Question...any belt clip adaptability. All of teh best cases for the N900 never have any belt clips...WTF with that lol

Lover of Music, Technology & Travel
If I'm not logged in, I'm probably jetsetting to a city near you...

Strong sturdy. Little signal degradation in very weak reception areas maybe like my room. N900 is still is very new after many falls. And i use the ZAGG full body protector as well.

Posts: 98 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Netherlands
I like it for
-it's a good overall protector. neoprene is what they make surfing suits of.
-getting grip, f.i. in windy conditions
-stands fairly solid at 63 degrees angle (on belt clip)
-combination with carpane holder unit (optional)

when you open the case, the front that you're removing gives you more positive grip

the case CAN deform, but normal use isn't doing the same. It can't be too difficult to bend some parts back (if you weren' concerned about the paint on it).

the paint quality is OK, nice fit

I have ordered products twice from its makers (carpane holder has broken at its basis) which went OK. Treat this carpane holder with care and you're OK (it's designed for low weight lift so dont' force it. another don't is : rotate/'screw' your device too much after it has been placed in the car holder, you might break the clip on the holder). cos the unit itself is SOLID

Last edited by 7thd; 2011-01-10 at 21:31.

Yes, it is posible to use belt clip. Also the same piece used with belt clip goes onto windshield mount.

About signal degrade: Maeby in certain circumstances it can impact the usability of the device. But I haven't managed to duplicate the situation to be sure. For now it is a presumption.