Hmm, I forgot to note that I have about 2500 songs, all with album art associated. Which would probably explain at least part of it's slowness.

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Texas
Props to everyone once again...this latest version is even better, the new theme is much more polished. Kagu almost looks like a commercial-style program now (don't start charging!) Nice new features throughout...

Are you guys using a different repository for the album art? All of my albums have the correct graphics now, where before I always had 3 or 4 that had incorrect album graphics. It never bugged me, I'm too busy listening to the music...

Thanks for the "screen off" button, this is much easier to access at times than the 2 or 3 step process normally needed via the Nokia power menu.

Keep up the good work!

same repository (last.fm/audioscrobbler) but trying a few more things before it falls back to the ugly msn/yahoo search. also last.fm has been cleaning up the database maybe that also helped.

And my question would be along the lines that perhaps the album art is not in the right directory? Don't know enough to know where it is supposed to exist. My music is on an SDHC 4 gig card, external slot. UKMP accesses cover art just fine, though it appears at a quick glance that it and Kagu store in different areas. Had the Kagu Scanner do its automatic thing, so don't really know how to proceed debugging this. Thanks.

@disq

It might be worth it to look at how amarok handles the album art searches. I believe it pulls them from Amazon, which may be a better option than msn/yahoo. Although, it's a lot better than it was.

Also, would it be possible to use images in the folders of albums that are not called "cover.jpg"? I believe that I have more cover art than what shows up by default, but it usually gets ignored.

Originally Posted by cmetz View Post
And my question would be along the lines that perhaps the album art is not in the right directory? Don't know enough to know where it is supposed to exist. My music is on an SDHC 4 gig card, external slot. UKMP accesses cover art just fine, though it appears at a quick glance that it and Kagu store in different areas. Had the Kagu Scanner do its automatic thing, so don't really know how to proceed debugging this. Thanks.
kagu-scanner downloads album art automatically from the internet. It places the art in ~/.kagu/covers and compiles it into a thumbnail cache image in ~/.kagu/album_cover.tga (or something like that. my wife has my n800 right now so I can't check)

The scanner also looks for album (not artist) art in the form of cover.jpg and folder.jpg images in the same directory as the mp3 file.

Does any of that answer your question?

Originally Posted by emil10001 View Post
@disq

It might be worth it to look at how amarok handles the album art searches. I believe it pulls them from Amazon, which may be a better option than msn/yahoo. Although, it's a lot better than it was.

Also, would it be possible to use images in the folders of albums that are not called "cover.jpg"? I believe that I have more cover art than what shows up by default, but it usually gets ignored.
I'm pretty wicked happy with Last.FM, personally. Perhaps amarok could look at Kagu's code for downloading from Last.FM instead of Amazon? Last.FM seems to have a very high accuracy, whereas amarok seems to give you a lot of near hits that may or may not be appropriate.

Amazon license agreement states that:
"5.1.4. Unless we have provided you our express written consent in advance, you are not permitted to use Amazon ECS in connection with any handheld, mobile or mobile phone application."

So we can't use it in Kagu anyways.

trev: it would be a much better alternative to msn/yahoo as a fallback. Of course last.fm beats them all.

Thanks for responses. I've not been able to figure the album art. Kagu runs fine - it just shows the silver CD icons and reckon I'll live with that for the moment.

Originally Posted by trevarthan View Post

We're working very hard on the new playlist code. Currently, when you exit Kagu it saves the playlist to:

Code:
 ~/.kagu/playlist.m3u
And it'll load that playlist for you automatically when Kagu is started back up again...

There is no "Save As" functionality yet. We need an onscreen keyboard for that so we put it off till the next release. Coming Soon!
Trevarthan, et al: Okay, I'm managed to effectively edit the tags in my 92 songs, assembled them into a playlist, which is now being stored as you point out in ~/.kagu/playlist.m3u. So unless I either mistakenly or intentionally create a new playlist (which would override that one), I guess I can retain ready access to that assembled playlist for the time being in that file, until your next version is released, which hopefully, according to your expectations, will have the ability to label and store (or delete) multiple playlists. Again many thanks to you all for the great work.