Active Topics

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
That was my understanding; but presumably (though not necessarily) this will be close enough to various Atom-based MIDs with good support that it would be an easy target for mainstream distros.
I'm interested in the battery life of the "improved" Pad3 (although I realize it's comparing apples and wombats, as XP has radically different power management).

Aside from the inane Pepper Desktop that won't let you do anything, the limited battery life of my Pad (3 hrs with wireless off) has been my major gripe with it.

I wonder if the new Pad comes with a new battery as well. If it has a larger capacity and is compatible with the original Pad, that would be interesting...

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
I wish they had added an express card slot to the top (for convenient use with things like WWAN cards, SD card readers, etc.). And I wish they were natively supporting Ubuntu and/or Ubuntu Mobile, as an option instead of XP.

Pepper Pad 3 is still ugly and expensive tho

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
I care far more about functionality than beauty. And I don't recall them being terribly expensive.

Originally Posted by johnkzin View Post
I care far more about functionality than beauty. And I don't recall them being terribly expensive.
i don't normally care but god wtf were they thinking while designing this