Posts: 304 | Thanked: 235 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Manila
Originally Posted by fuyoh View Post
you can also set

WSEGL_UseHWSync=1

in

/etc/powervr.d/hildon-desktop.ini

i tried doing this but MC wont allow me to save?

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
you can also set

WSEGL_UseHWSync=1

in

I gave this a try and it made the picture viewer app very unhappy.. slow scrolling, slow response to various inputs, and the long-press menu - when it finally appeared - would show up totally blank (although if I guessed at where the commands were supposed to be, it would perform the correct action). The behaviour persisted across restarts as well.

I also noticed a few other graphical oddities around the UI that weren't working the way they should have been... I reverted hildon_desktop.ini to default and everything is working the way it should again, so that tweak was definitely the culprit in my case.

Too bad, because it really did make some of the animations (desktop swiping most noticeably) incredibly smooth.

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Finland
I tried setting it to 1 as well, and it worked for about a week.
This evening I noticed severe graphical glitches (application topics glitching, as well as large gray areas flashing on the screen). The glitches began after a reboot after installing updates for three applications, I think they were tweakr, fmms, and cpumem-applet.
After I set it back to 0 everything went back to normal.

Maybe I'll try it again later.

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
you can also set

WSEGL_UseHWSync=1

in

smoother than my freakin' android phone that is gonna be for sale in the next few days....

thanks!!

MohammadAG's menu scroll fix plus the MOD above plus OC equals a simple definition of Smooth!

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Last edited by gabby131; 2010-11-09 at 01:31.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Alaska
setting WSEGL_UseHWSync=1 i beleve has started to casue instability. i've noticed system freezing mainly when dialogue boxes are displayed on the home screen namely, mass strorage/pc suite when plugging in usb, and select internet connection when called via personal ip address widget, though it doesn't happen every time, only about twice a day. this makes it hard to pinpoint it's source. my system was rock solid before implamenting this tweak/hack. though it isn't all bad, as i have also experienced a much more fluid UI w/ it enabled.

has anybody else noticed system instability along the same lines as I? for the mean time i will re-disable this for the next couple of days and see if my problems persist. will report my findings.

I edited my /etc/powervr.d/hildon-desktop.ini ages ago and totaly forgot i'd done it, but after checking back on this thread today i've changed it back and my transitions are so much more rapid, i don't really care about smooth i have all my transitions set at zero and much prefer things to be instant rather than smooth,