Active Topics

What types of "Subscriptions" work in GPE Cal? I've tried links to ICS files, RSS feeds (calendar feeds), and webcal:// links. Nothing seems to work. I do get an error when I try the webcal:// link, but nothing for the others.

Anyone successful at adding a web-based calendar in GPE-Calendar?

It works for me. I have an .ics file which is stored online and accessed through webdav.

Try this link it should work: http://homepage.mac.com/ical/.calend...32Holidays.ics
no password or user name required

This is similar to what I have tried. So I tried the actual URL that you listed, and while I don't get an error, I also don't get any entries in the calendar.

Is it possible that there is some other setting in GPE-Cal that I've overlooked?

Thanks for your help.

I subscribed to the link above and didn't get any entires? Suggestions anyone?

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

One thing that I did notice was that if I hit the Trash icon, it shows me "0 calendars, 0
entries", so it seems to think it has a valid subscription, just empty.

Same problem here.

Tried with Google Calendar private url, with and without password and I have the exactly same problem as the posters above. It would be really, really great to have this working.

I have also twice reformatted (installed the firmware(?) again) and it has been like this before and after every new install.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Seattle, WA
Interestingly http://homepage.mac.com/ical/.calend...32Holidays.ics worked for me, but my private cal url still doesn't work.

Hmm.. wonder if there could be some library issues?

Which version is everyone on? I made some custom changes and have my own build, but it's based off gpe-calendar 0.73-21, libsoup version 2.2.93-1.

GPE-Cal 0.73-21
libeventdb0 0.29-9
libgpepimc0 0.8-1
libgpevtype0 0.17-2
libgpewidget1 0.114-1

These are all the libraries that look GPE related. I don't see anything named libsoup.

I don't know if its relevant or not, but Cal is the only GPE app that I have installed (I don't have Contracts or Todo).

Last edited by toridnyc; 2007-03-16 at 03:17.

libsoup won't show up in blue pill mode. One easy thing to try would be to run it from command prompt, it might give some extra error messages related to syncing calendars.

/usr/bin/gpe-calendar

(I do have both todo and contacts btw)