As in the title - I need the hybris-recovery.img to resize my home partition to update but on logging in to my Jolla account I'm no longer allowed to download anything because I'm in the UK.

Does anyone know of another way to get this file?

Edit: Changed title to see if anyone knows about using a different version as I'm only playing with partitions.

Last edited by suicidal_orange; 2021-09-25 at 15:48.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to suicidal_orange For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by suicidal_orange View Post
Can't remember whether this for F5121 or F5122 or other variant.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
As in the title - I need the hybris-recovery.img to resize my home partition to update but on logging in to my Jolla account I'm no longer allowed to download anything because I'm in the UK.

My account is logged in Portugal. Am i allowed to download it and send it somehow to you?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aspergerguy View Post
Can't remember whether this for F5121 or F5122 or other variant.
Good point! I have a F5122.

Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
My account is logged in Portugal. Am i allowed to download it and send it somehow to you?
Thanks for the offer, I can't imagine there's a law against it - I paid for Sailfish back when I was allowed so it's not very nice of them to lock me out now.

The instructions are below, I have no idea how big the file is to know how you could get it to me and if they've updated the download to the latest version (4.2.0.21?) you probably wont be able to get it? Or maybe some creative url changing will work

Originally Posted by https://jolla.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002996893#21
To ensure this, download the latest Sailfish OS image from https://shop.jolla.com/downloads/ (provided that you have updated your phone to the latest). Unzip the archive and observe the hybris-recovery.img file in it.

The Following User Says Thank You to suicidal_orange For This Useful Post:
  1. You might download via a VPN with an endpoint in the EU or Switzerland. AKAIK, not URL-tricks will do.
  2. The image is identical to the "SailfishOS free (trial version)" image.
  3. You will only be able to download the image for the current SailfishOS "stable" (well, rather: "non-EA") release.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by olf View Post
You will only be able to download the image for the current SailfishOS "stable" (well, rather: "non-EA") release.
Thanks for the info, this means I have no chance of getting the right version - I need the old one to upgrade to latest!

Does it really matter what version I use if I'm just resizing "partitions"? On a computer I'd happily use anything that booted but I know nothing about phones except you can't plug the hard drive into something else to fix it if it all goes horribly wrong, and that's a bit scary.

Does it really matter what version I use if I'm just resizing "partitions"?
Do you mean OS version as in 4.2.0.21 rather than 4.1.0.24, as images certainly are different? However if you are comparing hybrid-recovery.img 14.3MB from F5121 and F5122 versions (4.2.0.21), without checking every single line of code they do appear remarkably similar if not identical. Don't know whether anyone in a position to confirm or deny this.

The Following User Says Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aspergerguy View Post
Do you mean OS version as in 4.2.0.21 rather than 4.1.0.24, as images certainly are different? However if you are comparing hybrid-recovery.img 14.3MB from F5121 and F5122 versions (4.2.0.21), without checking every single line of code they do appear remarkably similar if not identical. Don't know whether anyone in a position to confirm or deny this.
Just the recovery part. The instructions say to use the img from the same version as is on the phone, at 14MB it must have something in there rather than just being a script that points to things on the phone.

Just pointing out that as far as I can tell using VBinDiff there is no discernible difference between hybrid-recovery.img extracted from same firmware version of both F5121 & F5122, in case it makes any easier to source.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
I just booted with the 2.2.0.29 recovery (the version I originally flashed) and it didn't complain. After entering the shell it says this which looks a bit scary though?

Code:
If you continue, this may void your warranty. Are you really SURE? [y/N] y
  /dev/mmcblk0rpmb: read failed after 0 of 4096 at 0: Input/output error
  /dev/mmcblk0rpmb: read failed after 0 of 4096 at 4128768: Input/output error
  /dev/mmcblk0rpmb: read failed after 0 of 4096 at 4186112: Input/output error
  /dev/mmcblk0rpmb: read failed after 0 of 4096 at 4096: Input/output error
  2 logical volume(s) in volume group "sailfish" now active
Device /dev/sailfish/home does not exist or access denied.
[OK] No lockcode has been set. Proceeding...
lvm display looks right, after that I rebooted to check SFOS came up as normal, which it did. Should I proceed with the resize?