Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
So over the last few months ive had 4 N900s sold two of them to a chap over in New Zealand. And Lost another in translation and got one back (no USB port) and just stuffed it up installing CSSU thumb.

Anyway really want a brand new one but cant seem to find any locally or im not looking hard enough?

I really dont mind purchasing one from ebay but the two i see are from China... They look legit and the ebay sellers offer 100% money back if its not as described. My Issue is are these fake N900s? And how do i tell if they are fake?

Anyone else know where i could get a brand new one?

The Following User Says Thank You to lucas777 For This Useful Post:
From what ive seen, the chinese N900s seem to be refurbished, old insides with new non original covers, fake box and photocopied manual, and have made in finland sticker!

Good luck with your search dude.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tommo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 183 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
do you use OCAU (Overclockers Australia)?

Whilst I dont think you'll have too much luck finding a new one, Jakiman from OCAU had his listed for sale in the for sale section. I think he is also a member here. The sale says it is in very good condition:

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/sh...highlight=n900

PM me if you want me to pass on your details to him, as the above is a private forum link. He is based in Sydney, and according to the thread, wants $100 plus post.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Storm_11 For This Useful Post:
IL BUY IT tell him to email me please lucaspkr1@gmail.com

Posts: 198 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Louth / Ireland
Don't think about buying one ''chinese new'' (if You like to gamble, go on) - You will have, as others say, old MB with 300+ hours of talk time and who knows how much stand by and using time.
Try UK's eBay, there is good few of N900 there and I saw couple ''brand new, mint condition'' there. The catch is to convice english chicky monkeys to send it overseas, it's realy hard to do. But most of listed there are fairly described, with (well in most cases) Q pics and description (from where the device is, why it's for sale, etc.)
Try to be patient, You never know when another ''minty'' will come out from storage.

Good luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to Garrett_PL For This Useful Post:
Yea hopefully I have just come across one from a well know member and he has a lot of mobiles.

il be so happy if I can get this one off him.

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Hi Lucas, I'm the one selling the N900. I used to be fairly well known here. =)
Storm pinged me on OCAU about you here on tmo wanting a local seller.

Anyways, it's unlocked, body condition is mint, screen has a few near invisible hairline scratches on it. (I really mean near invisible) Anyways, it's pretty much as new condition. (quite rare these days) Comes with charger, case and microusb cable. No box though.

I was thinking of putting it up on eBay due to the wider audience but I'm happy to sell to you. You can email me on jakiman @ gmail.com to discuss.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Thanks I've emailed you now

Cheers

Yeah so long as the usb port is still good il take it for sure. Ive seen images of it looks great condition.