Posts: 187 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sunny Woollahra
I Think the N9 is being "sold through" ; that is not replaced when stock is sold. I Think that's fine; as those interested in PURCHASING have done do - those still on contact may not have been quite so fortunate, though they still have had ample opportunity to purchase.

My wife CAN use my N9 without frustration, whereas this was impossible with my N900 : compared to Lumia 710 / 800 which she used yesterday with no problem.

& then said "I'm getting one of these, it's easier to use than your phone & I like the back, home & browser buttons". Then she said "and it's got a proper button for the camera".

Perhaps Meego isn't ready & WP is the way forward FOR THE MASS MARKET. Not us, we're here on an OS specific forum.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rfa For This Useful Post:
Here's a hard hitting article from Tomi Ahonen.

To quote some juicy parts:
Nokia's Annus Horribilis was a self-induced wound. Not a wound. A self-induced serial crippling. Yes, a year of torture by the CEO. A year of water-boarding in fact. A year ago Nokia grew by 48% and made a proft. This year as the industry grew 62% Nokia sales crashed 23% and produced massive losses. Nokia's market share in 2010 was 34%. By Q4 it was just above 12%. Nokia had scared away 65% of its customer base in just one year! We witnessed the establishment of a world record in market share destruction - not only in telecoms but in all industries. Stephen Elop will go into the Business Hall of Shame as the all-time costliest CEO.
But yes, what of that wonderful promised 'third ecosystem' fantasy by delusion-boy Elop? There were some who thought Microsoft plus Nokia would be a sure winner. There were others who felt that partnership was a case of two turkeys who will not make an eagle. It was sheer speculation until we got to see the Lumia launch...And Nokia threw the biggest marketing push for this smartphone series, ever. And on top of that, Microsoft came in and threw hundreds of millions of dollars more in marketing support - including giving away free Xbox 360 videogaming consoles to buyers of the Lumia800 for example in the UK. How many sales did Nokia do of all Lumia phones in Q4? More than 6.4 million? No. Not even close. 600,000 is what Nokia managed. Literally they managed only one tenth the level they did a year ago (when adjusted for industry growth in the past year). That is utterly horrid performance and the signs were all there. The Lumia is not succeeding, and will not succeed. Anyone who hopes or thinks or expects that Lumia and Microsoft can rescue Nokia, has now facts - it will not. The Lumia launch is a total dud.
There is a ray of hope, it is called the N9 and MeeGo (And the N950 and other MeeGo devices either designed or otherwise MeeGo compatible like the N900). MeeGo outsold Lumia by 3 to 1 (more about MeeGo below). But Nokia's psycopathic CEO refuses to let the highly desirable N9 to be sold in Nokia's major markets - to the degree in Germany the biggest newsmagazine, Der Stern actually recommended to its readers to drive to Austria or Switzerland to go buy the N9 rather than Lumia smartphones. And bizarrely he refuses to sell the sister device, the N950 anywhere! Highly desirable 'hit' phones are very rare in this industry and Nokia dearly could use one right now. Only a fool as CEO refuses to sell a hot product globally. Only a fool. As long as Elop is in charge, Nokia is continuing its death-dance and has to sell its best assets just to survive.

Last edited by SamGan; 2012-02-16 at 10:27.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Elop is on purpose dropping the share price of Nokia so it could then be later bought by Microsoft!

Same happened with many many companies and skype is just another example, for those who didn't know skype is not owned by microsoft.

So nokia shares will keep dropping until M$ decides to buy Nokia!

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Toronto-Canada
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post

There is a ray of hope, it is called the N9 and MeeGo (And the N950 and other MeeGo devices either designed or otherwise MeeGo compatible like the N900). MeeGo outsold Lumia by 3 to 1 (more about MeeGo below). But Nokia's psycopathic CEO refuses to let the highly desirable N9 to be sold in Nokia's major markets - to the degree in Germany the biggest newsmagazine, Der Stern actually recommended to its readers to drive to Austria or Switzerland to go buy the N9 rather than Lumia smartphones. And bizarrely he refuses to sell the sister device, the N950 anywhere! Highly desirable 'hit' phones are very rare in this industry and Nokia dearly could use one right now. Only a fool as CEO refuses to sell a hot product globally. Only a fool. As long as Elop is in charge, Nokia is continuing its death-dance and has to sell its best assets just to survive.

Thanx for the share, Sam.

So, so very true... It's in fact a 'death-sentence' decreed by one's own head-of-the-family... how horrendous & stupefying that could be!

Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
Nokia should just flatten ( I mean slim) a bit and broaden (I mean bigger screen) n900 with all the hardware features kept but improved for higher speed. Have a Harmattan UI on it.

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by vivmak View Post
Nokia should just flatten ( I mean slim) a bit and broaden (I mean bigger screen) n900 with all the hardware features kept but improved for higher speed. Have a Harmattan UI on it.
They already did this with the N950 but they decided to not release it.

The Following User Says Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
They already did this with the N950 but they decided to not release it.
give that N950 dualcore things inside, and welcome back nokia,

Wake up, Shareholders.

Wake up...and smell the ashes.

The Following User Says Thank You to vdx29 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 119 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rotterdam, port to Europe !

The Following User Says Thank You to eerde For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Prague, Czech republic
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post

C'mon guys. The sales numbers are nothing but a pure fantasy. Actually it's showing up, that there were just 600 000 of N9 shipped (and I'm not sure if it means the same as sold), so no, MeeGo didn't outsold WP 3:1. With such a low sale numbers it's quite possible, that the WP outsold N9, and yeah, it's possible, that it was 3:1, but for WP7. Of course you can say, that it was not launched on lot of markets, but take a look at the local community. Everyone who wanted that phone, even if it was not on sale at their markets, they bought it from other place. Sad story bro's, but it seems that there's no place for a awesome devices like N9. The "average mass" is always bellow average and wants average or bellow average products (and apps my god, they love that stupid apps, which are nothing but a stupid excuse for having a dumb OS without good system level integrated equipment). O. K., back to work, I need to earn some extra money for the spare N9