Active Topics

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
After 2 great weeks with Sailfish on the Proš the only inconvenience left for me is bluetooth support.

Connection to all my devices succeeds. But most are not fully working.

I do not really want to bother the porters team until i have some conclusion or at least checked the obvious.

Attached are the bluetoothctl output when connecting from cli and via settings UI to a pebble.

Output of the bluetoothctl -"show" -"list" -"find" commands and "rfkill list".

A zip of the HCI log during the failed connection attempt.

The pebble pairs correctly and connects for some seconds. Then gets disconnect with "Failed to connect: org.bluez.Error.NotAvailable" message in bluetoothctl.
During the short time of connection, rockpool can "see" the pebble. But regardless if rockpool runs or not, pebble gets disconnected.

The Sailfish UI shows the pebble is using DID protocol.

Any advice how to tackle this further?
Attached Files
File Type: txt bluetoothctl-connect.txt (1.2 KB, 29 views)
File Type: txt bluetoothctl-rfkill.txt (1.5 KB, 28 views)
File Type: zip HCI-events.zip (13.3 KB, 29 views)

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
For me the missing keyboard light is at the moment the thing, i miss the most. am I the only one?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Nope, same for me, backlight is the most annoying at the moment for me because I like to use the phone to tinker with it at the end of the day and blind typing is still difficult. Bluetooth works fine for me, but I only use for a couple of fairly simple audio receivers.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2020-01-01 at 23:27.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
but I only use for a couple of fairly simple audio receivers.
Those also work fine on my side.
But headsets do not have telephony function, only audio sink profile is registered, not audio source.
I choose the pebble to test since i hope that it is a bit distributed in our circles since rockpool does a sailfish connection.
Maybe it could help to have same setting on different device and users?

Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
For me the missing keyboard light is at the moment the thing, i miss the most. am I the only one?
No, i was unprecise in my "only" statement.
Backlight would be great. Since it is working on android, do i assume correct we have to find out how/why it works on Andy and reproduce or even reverse engineer?

I started to compare Proš outputs i linked with that from a XA2 on which connection with pebble works.

Obvious is that "bluetoothctl show" has some more UUIDs listed on XA2.
Those four are missing on Proš:
Code:
UUID: Headset AG (00001112-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb)
UUID: OBEX Object Push (00001105-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb)
UUID: Audio Source (0000110a-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb)
UUID: Phonebook Access Server (0000112f-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb)

Last edited by mosen; 2020-01-02 at 00:35.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Glad to see this project seems to perform as well as it looks... kudos to the team.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
And glad to see another 'dinosaur' still addicted to TMO

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
I can't test yet since my Pro1 hasn't shipped yet, but: can Firefox be run in a chroot like Chromium? I'd like to see mobile Firefox ported to SFOS but running the desktop version would at least be a stopgap that would allow for browser sync etc.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
No problem:

You'll probably need an extension to allow touch scrolling as it does not seem to be enabled by default like in Chromium (perhaps thanks to a custom change from elros34 actually), but I know there are some.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
btw, is there a comprehenshiv einstruction about availbale linux chroots?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ CZ & US ex-(UK/France/Switzerland/Canada)
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Nope, same for me, backlight is the most annoying at the moment for me because I like to use the phone to tinker with it at the end of the day and blind typing is still difficult. Bluetooth works fine for me, but I only use for a couple of fairly simple audio receivers.
A clumsy way to switch the backlight on:

Code:
echo 1 > /sys/class/leds/keyboard-backlight/brightness
I am thinking of hooking a script switching the backlight on/off to some key (maybe CAPS_LOCK?) but I was lazy so-far to investigate the details. Anyone?

Also, I would like to make the ALT_R key using the sticky mode. I have changed SHIFT to this (that's why I don't need the CAPS_LOCK key as double-SHIFT does the same job now). Is there an easy hack?

Finally, does anyone knows how to get the control over CAPS_LOCK LED? At the moment, the CAPS_LOCK key triggers the LED even when the function is remapped, however, the double-SHIFT triggering CAPS_LOCK function won't trigger the LED :-(

(I am trying to optimize the keyboard for as convenient ssh-in g as possible; I must admit that PDA Planet devices spoiled me a lot!)

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Wolda For This Useful Post:

Tags
fxtec pro1, sailfish os