Posts: 344 | Thanked: 1,345 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Paris, FR
Originally Posted by dmelamet View Post
sorry to bother, but I still cant re-install patchmanager... same error all the times. Please help!
thank you from an anxious heart
Don't worry, failing to install patchmanager don't break your device
The issue is that I really don't know what went wrong :/ Will try to fix the release as soon as possible.

BTW, youc an simply install everything by

Code:
zypper rm patchmanager
zypper ref
zypper in patchmanager-ui sailfishos-patches-base sailfishos-patches-advanced

Last edited by Sfiet_Konstantin; 2014-06-04 at 13:37.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sfiet_Konstantin For This Useful Post:
U7 is out from Jolla side, but from PM side, there are updates too !

First of all, there is an awesome news: Pandora is no longer needed, meaning that you don't need to have a 7-step install to have homescreen patches. Everything just comes from OpenRepos, and you just need some package installs.

However, U7 breaks a lot of stuff in homescreen, meaning that I had to rewrite some patches. Don't worry, all patches will be updated at some point (right now, the unlimited multitask one is not available).

With U7 and the removal of Pandora, I included a small script to guarantee that lipsitck code will always be backed-up, and if you messed with your device, there should always be a backup in /opt/patchmanager. All backup operations are automatically done with the last version of patchmanager.

Basically, for the update, just grab updates from patchmanager, base / advanced patches, and everything will work out of the box !

Last edited by Sfiet_Konstantin; 2014-06-09 at 17:35.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Sfiet_Konstantin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Hmmm, and before next system update we also need to reinstall orig lipstick-qt5 ? Or because Pandora removed it enough to unapply patches from app ?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
i never install your mods. Now i update U7 and want the setings in my homescren.

I Install:
1) Patchmanager
2) Sailfishos patches (base)

and here i became an error:

Transaction/2177_badaeccb
Extra details:
patchmanager-patches-0.4.2-10.4.1.jolla.armv7hl requires patchmanger = 0.4.2-10.4..jolla, but this requirement cannot provided

The Following User Says Thank You to cvp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I got the same. I reinstalled/upgraded the three other packages, and when applying patches in patch manager, none actually works. The "Restart" option in the pulley is greyed out. Rebooting the phone does not help.

Thanks a lot anyway for keeping Patchmanager up to date after every Salfish update, it's very appreciated! Patchmanager is so damn awesome, I'm very grateful!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Hi! I used Patchmanager in 1.0.5.16/19. Now, before updating to 1.0.7.16, I unapplied every patch. I also disabled Lipstick-Pandora (thought that might be safer).

Now I'm done updating, but can't use PM. I updated to latest versions from OpenRepos. On launching, I get the list of advanced patches, but when I try to apply one, I get message "Failed to install patch". In the pulley menu there are no options to manage/install Lipstick-Pandora. What should I do?

(And by the way, as others have mentioned, still can't install base patches from openrepos, because the package requires PM 0.4.2, but the installed version of PM is 0.4.4...)

Update: It seems that while I was writing this, others were reporting similar problems...

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
Dont use harbour for install. You will install the older versions
Load the first side of this thread and download from there

@Sfield Can you check this? From Harbour it install still 0.4.3 even i make check for Updates

Edit: also not works. The link from first side go to Patchmanager-UI and this can not be installed ofcourse Patchmanager doesnt is installed

Edit:
1. Download and install patchmanager-0.4.4-10.7.1.jolla_.armv7hl.rpm
2. Download and install patchmanager-ui-0.4.4-10.7.1.jolla_.armv7hl.rpm
3. the other stuff like in Page one.

I installed with doubletop files in System-Downloads

But Controlcenter still doesnt work

Last edited by chilango; 2014-06-09 at 22:03.

The Following User Says Thank You to chilango For This Useful Post:
Issues installing with warehouse should be fixed now. Please try again by uninstalling patchmanager + reinstall everything, since I have messed up stuff a bit.

Be sure to have the latest patchmanager installed, too. (0.4.4, not 0.4.3)

Last edited by Sfiet_Konstantin; 2014-06-10 at 07:23.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sfiet_Konstantin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Should patched lipstick be reinstalled before updating? I was using old patchmanager. can't find the reinstall command anymore from your first post

Ok, thanks chilango – I installed straight from openrepos (before seeing Sfiet_Konstantin's latest post), and I think I should have the latest versions. And Patchmanager seems to work now! Though control center in ambience switcher doesn't work, and Title visible fails to install.

Tags
patchmanager, sailfish os