Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by Trzyzet View Post
Something goes wrong - Motorola and Lenovo completely stopped talking about this keyboard. I don't know whats going on.
there haven't been project updates (except for 'we are pushing so hard' and 'we will update you next week') in 10 weeks. then again all other campaigns seem to have either failed or went quite. not something for motorolo to brag about.

then again chen actually made a pretty nice looking mockup, so that is something! hope it will all work out.

the moto mod platform is pretty complex, they have a lot of technical demands and expensive parts, and the timeframe is really tight. reason for me not to start a campaign or be confident that a campaign like this will deliver anything ever. but hey whatever as long as chen delivers all is well!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
there haven't been project updates (except for 'we are pushing so hard' and 'we will update you next week') in 10 weeks. then again all other campaigns seem to have either failed or went quite. not something for motorolo to brag about.
That's because we spent 20+ days waiting for the funds to arrive, then started moulding, which is the longest process anyway. We are at 9/10 of moulding now and expect to finish very soon. (No TM here)

then again chen actually made a pretty nice looking mockup, so that is something! hope it will all work out.
The moulded DVT samples will be much nicer than the hand-made. And they will be used as the prototype showing pictures and videos.

the moto mod platform is pretty complex, they have a lot of technical demands and expensive parts, and the timeframe is really tight. reason for me not to start a campaign or be confident that a campaign like this will deliver anything ever. but hey whatever as long as chen delivers all is well!
Indeed!! And the components has to be delivered from Moto. And they have a very strict requirements internally.
If you need contact to Moto, I can introduce you to the Mod team if needed.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Moto Z for $360:
http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Lenov...ld-381747.html

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Moulding is slightly delayed. One of the component of the moulding of the sliding spring is unexpectedly out of stock, the factory did not have spares because sliding frame has vanishes for years. Expected to get the component back in a week. The factory calls it "unusual request" I didn't know I'm making unusual things...

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 23 | Thanked: 78 times | Joined on Sep 2016 @ Finland
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Moulding is slightly delayed. One of the component of the moulding of the sliding spring is unexpectedly out of stock, the factory did not have spares because sliding frame has vanishes for years. Expected to get the component back in a week. The factory calls it "unusual request" I didn't know I'm making unusual things...
Hi! I ordered the Moto Mod Keyboard with Scandic layout. However, you are not able to produce Scandic layout. I still want the Keyboard Mod so how can I change my order to other layout? Can I choose between QWERTY and QWERTZ? I would like to see the layout of QWERTZ before making that decision.

I tried to contact you via Indiegogo couple days ago...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flash-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Flash-A-Holic View Post
Hi! I ordered the Moto Mod Keyboard with Scandic layout. However, you are not able to produce Scandic layout. I still want the Keyboard Mod so how can I change my order to other layout? Can I choose between QWERTY and QWERTZ? I would like to see the layout of QWERTZ before making that decision.

I tried to contact you via Indiegogo couple days ago...
Sorry for the late reply... That's no problem at all. I will send out a formal confirmation on the layout that will be shipped via email.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
We will have an official announcement jointly with Motorola later this month.

We are the first and currently the only mod that will come into reality from IGG.

A big achievement!

The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
We will have an official announcement jointly with Motorola later this month.

We are the first and currently the only mod that will come into reality from IGG.

A big achievement!
Pop out the champagne!!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Well done Chen.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ka9yhd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
Chen looks too busy to update this thread right now, so for those not following his twitter account, here are some news he sent there:

Some photos, opened and closed:
https://twitter.com/LivermoriumLtd/s...87953368391680

And the video of the first working sample:
https://twitter.com/LivermoriumLtd/s...41078826909698

Enjoy !

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:

Tags
crowdfunding, hwkbd, tainted love