Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
As of 26 June anyone else having Cutetube2 issues?
I get the no streams problem, assuming it is a youtube change as my Ubuntu desktop youtube downloader for firefox has similar issues today.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Started getting that when I tried to run CT2 on my N9.
When YT/Google change something this is what happens. Happens on a few vids at first but gradually gets more and more frequent until the dev of CT/CT2 drops an update.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Jul 11 and both N900 cutetube and my laptop web browser are again ripping mp3/video from youtube, cutetube is also working again where before no video was DLing or even playing for several weeks. So apparently temporary troubles, for now.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
I cannot use youtube on N900. Is there any solution to watch movies on N900 from Youtube? It is really strange....

The Following User Says Thank You to dedista For This Useful Post:
Has anyone figured out the new feature in 0.5.0 and 0.5.1 where convert to audio for downloaded files is no longer an automatic button when ffmpeg is installed to a custom user made string. I tried several attempts, and when I use it it shows a quick message 'converting' after DL is done, but it obviously fails.
Anyone using this most useful of cutetube2 features and has this working?

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Ok, perhaps I should be asking who is running Cutetube2 v0.5.0 or 0.5.1 when I ask if anyone has figured out the conversion to audio string to put in the convert after download.

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
cannot play videos youtube because error message on consol:
Error: "SSL handshake failed: A TLS fatal alert has been received."

SVOX project N900

If you appreciate my work donated, thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to pirateman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,700 | Thanked: 4,751 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Fresh install on N900, cssu testing, cutetube2: No stream available. I have tried changing between mediaplayers that cutetube2 uses but it doesn't give any stream or resolution options on videos. I have had this before too when I started first use cutetube2 but can't remember what was the reason. I have tried given instructions with a certain libsoup install but could not install that.

I have been downloading the videos before but is it so that it could be possible to watch videos with cutetube2 if you have ;ernel-power53? If someone here has managed to get cutetube2 to work and if you know also what to do to make it able to watch videos on youtube could you share this information?

So annoying that I have managed to find the solution before but not this time.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
I now first removed cutetube2 and then tried to install it back with the application manager. Can't install anymore at all. Tried in console. Gave me this. I just don't know what to do with this info. My normal way would be to use -f install or --fix-missing with every possible repository but I have understood it breaks things.

EDIT: Ok. I tried with each dpkg --configure and none of them gave any errors. But still no streams. I then tried to remove it with application manager and it gives this.

EDIT MORE: With testing and extra repos (not devel) it gives this output for upgrade. Did not do it yet cause do not know is it necessary.

And cutetube2 finds videos allright but gives no options for videoquality and just states no streams available. Is it because I miss some package that could have extra codecs? I tried with extracodecs pack installed but didn't help. Also tried with kmplayer but that didn't help either.

And now application manager installs it ok but cutetube2 crashes when I launch it. I installed qthotfixes but it did not help (I thought it might because dependencies with qt12).
Attached Images

Last edited by Maemish; 2019-08-20 at 14:10.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
I now put devel repos on and checked what would be uppgraded. Did not do it thought cause atleast libmeipc0 uppgrade breaks the loadapplet and clockd breaks the clocksync and don't know what other things do. Does someone know if some of these upgrades would be necessary for cutetube and how to install just needed upgrades? I think for some reason there may be something qt related not upgraded when I installed the cssu testing.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post: