Notices

Hey, is anybody interested in mupen64plus for N9/Jolla? Here you will find packages for both devices!

I've made a small demovideo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi2-kxhD3ps
and for the jolla phone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX2PrHDWzdo

mupen64plus for the Jolla Phone
Code:
here is an rpm including all the necessary modules
https://openrepos.net/content/krnlyn...or-mupen64plus
to run a rom startup the terminal and run mupen64plus like so:
$ mupen64plus /path/to/rom
(old) mupen64plus for the N9
Code:
You need extract the files included in this zip to your phone and install all the included packages:
http://www.mediafire.com/?cdpivnz3l2sn3d2
UPDATE: for users who are using a version from before 28.2.2013: i've forgotten the mupen64plus data files in earlier versions. they are included now, please update (mupen64plus-core) before you play because when you update you will loose your savegames. (This wont happen in future updates if you update now). No worries, if you have played very much you can contact me and i can give you the instructions howto keep your savegames (but it's not worth implementing an automatic function for that).

Now you can launch roms by running
$ mupen64plus /path/to/rom
from the command line.

GUI (optional):
simple, at the moment very basic and ugly gui only for inexperienced users who don't want to run mupen64plus from the command line:
http://www.mediafire.com/?117wbcld78lyrio
ATTENTION: this will only work if you place your roms into the folder n64roms (needs to be created) directly on your device (=/home/user/MyDocs/n64roms/).
I don't have much spare time, so if anyone would be interessted in taking over the GUI part i would really appreciate that. I will help where i can. There are already existing QT GUIs like cutemupen, i think that would be a good starting point. 

SOURCE: once i've cleaned this up i'll host it on github or bitbucket or so: http://www.mediafire.com/?117wbcld78lyrio

UPCOMMING FEATURES:
* rumble (done)
* volume control (done)
* configurable input (partially done)
* some graphic fixes in Ocarina of Time (weird green/orange rooms are now rendered correctly)
* some major speepups
* if i am able to fix rice video you'll be able to use hires texture packs like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsuHftfLlCE

TODO:
* configurable input
* rumble (vibration)
* move gles2n64 configuration to mupen64plus.cfg
* volume control
* rice video plugin
* gui to make configuration easier
* gui to change configuration options ingame (where possible)
* bluetooth joystick support?
* multiplayer (+ network multiplayer?)
* bugfixes and more
* your reasonable requests

CURRENT BUTTON LAYOUT (will be configurable soon):
analog stick: left bottom
dpad: at the same position as the analog stick
start: middle of screen
A: right bottom
B: on the left of A and a little up
Z: above B
R: next to Z (right)
L: top left of the screen
C buttons: where the buttons are drawn in legend of zelda ocarina of time
contact: irc.freenode.net username: krnlyng, i'm often on #mupen64plus

have a nice day

Last edited by liar; 2015-05-23 at 23:12.

The Following 44 Users Say Thank You to liar For This Useful Post:
I'm not a dev so I can't help with this but this is very exciting to see

Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Hey! i missed this thread! can you please tell us more about the project state? what button layout are you implementing? emu come with all this features: fskip, hardware/software filters, savegame states etc? do you have a GUI?

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
lol @ your username...

great to finally see a n64 running on harmattan!

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Hariainm View Post
Hey! i missed this thread! can you please tell us more about the project state? what button layout are you implementing? emu come with all this features: fskip, hardware/software filters, savegame states etc? do you have a GUI?
it will have all those features, i am currently not implementing a gui into the emulator but i think it would make sense have an app which can create launchers for roms

you can see how i impemented the buttons in my video, i'll probably make that configurable though

Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
I *REALLY* like your idea of custom button configurations for some games, but we need a generic layout too for the rest of the games. i kinda see you mapped C-buttons into top right screen (ocarina) but can't see anything more, maybe because of transparencies. Did you check this? i like the grey ones.

And about the GUI, well is there any way to tweak the emu ingame? without typing variables in command line at start up, like tweak the frameskip without close the game?

I *REALLY* like your idea of custom button configurations for some games, but we need a generic layout too for the rest of the games. i kinda see you mapped C-buttons into top right screen (ocarina) but can't see anything more, maybe because of transparencies. Did you check this? i like the grey ones.

And about the GUI, well is there any way to tweak the emu ingame? without typing variables in command line at start up, like tweak the frameskip without close the game?
i am about to upload test packages. i haven't implemented many extra features like you mentioned, i'll do that at a later time, for now i'd like get some test results as soon as possible. the emulator should already be very stable though.

i'll add many features, for now i released test packages so you can actually test the emulator on your own phones

i've uploaded some test packages, i'd really appreciate some feedback. more features will be added soon

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to liar For This Useful Post:
Just tested and it worked quite well. Managed to load the games (no crashes) but they didnt work at fullspeed.

Also the controls could be somewhere to be seen because throu little gaming it was annoying to search the right buttons.

Great job so far

The Following User Says Thank You to Bega For This Useful Post: