Notices

Poll: What MMORPG game would u like to have ?
Poll Options
What MMORPG game would u like to have ?

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
I want a full Skyrim-like experience with a huge map, HDR, soft bodies, bloom and dynamic lighting using OpenGL ES2.0 running at 120fps @ 1280x720 on the SGX530, with online multiplayer.

All written on WebGL, of course, with an updated microb to actually use it.

Gimme gimme gimme gimme.

j/k. What would be a nice game for the N900 though? Casual games are dime-a-dozen, the SGX530 seriously limits what we can do wrt 3D games.

Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
I want a full Skyrim-like experience with a huge map, HDR, soft bodies, bloom and dynamic lighting using OpenGL ES2.0 running at 120fps @ 1280x720 on the SGX530, with online multiplayer.

All written on WebGL, of course, with an updated microb to actually use it.

Gimme gimme gimme gimme.

j/k. What would be a nice game for the N900 though? Casual games are dime-a-dozen, the SGX530 seriously limits what we can do wrt 3D games.
Dude , i wish you read the post first ... it will be a browser game ! 2D .
not enough resources to build a 3D one !

I'd love to contribute! on the art/graphic side because I'm not a programmer (I'm not a professional artist either, but I do enjoy art), I don't know what sort of art you are looking for but I can vary.

here's a recent one

(big image) http://i.imgur.com/yPKRA.jpg

pixel art too

For suggestions:

-JRPG like Spectral Souls on android, except you fight each other or co-op

-Worms style game, where you throw stuff at each other and there could be a leaderboard or such
and if possible, Angry Bird style but instead you throw windows phones at each other

Also I think the poll should be put later when all possible ideas have been suggested, it just seems fairer. thanks for doing this!

The Following User Says Thank You to lonk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lonk View Post
I'd love to contribute! on the art/graphic side because I'm not a programmer (I'm not a professional artist either, but I do enjoy art), I don't know what sort of art you are looking for but I can vary.

here's a recent one

(big image) http://i.imgur.com/yPKRA.jpg

pixel art too

For suggestions:

-JRPG like Spectral Souls on android, except you fight each other or co-op

-Worms style game, where you throw stuff at each other and there could be a leaderboard or such
and if possible, Angry Bird style but instead you throw windows phones at each other

Also I think the poll should be put later when all possible ideas have been suggested, it just seems fairer. thanks for doing this!
about the poll , a great idea .
who have an idea should describe the game in details , only described games will be put into the poll ... agree on that

worms is not possible (not that much multiplayer ... i mean massive player )

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
building cities i.e modern wars type game. i remember rise of nation and still lobe to play it.

Originally Posted by teamer View Post
worms is not possible (not that much multiplayer ... i mean massive player )
I'm not sure I understand the difference, how is it different to car racing? you can have eight/ten or more people playing on a big map and you can buy/upgrade items along the way.

I guess instead of taking turns all of the action can be live. (so to be more specific, a 2D shooter with the environment that can get destroyed)

I'm not sure I understand the difference, how is it different to car racing? you can have eight/ten or more people playing on a big map and you can buy/upgrade items along the way.

I guess instead of taking turns all of the action can be live. (so to be more specific, a 2D shooter with the environment that can get destroyed)
ok , a browser based game s a website , no flash . only AJAX and HTML and images , that can be clicked and basic animations done .
real-time playing needs high-end server requirements (fast CPUs , fast connection alot of RAM) and that's costy , i already havea good server for w browser based game .

basic animation means showing-hiding stuff and little movements that are client-side only (does not affect the server or other players) so making the worms game would be difficult and that would be a short game ending in an hour or less
we want to make a BIG game that can be played for a year without ending .

The Following User Says Thank You to teamer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by teamer View Post
ok , a browser based game s a website , no flash . only AJAX and HTML and images , that can be clicked and basic animations done .
real-time playing needs high-end server requirements (fast CPUs , fast connection alot of RAM) and that's costy , i already havea good server for w browser based game .

basic animation means showing-hiding stuff and little movements that are client-side only (does not affect the server or other players) so making the worms game would be difficult and that would be a short game ending in an hour or less
we want to make a BIG game that can be played for a year without ending .
I get it now, thanks for the clarification I haven't played many browser games, it sounds like neopets but you can interact with each other

I can't think of any more suggestions right now, but cool, I'd still be happy to contribute!... small animations/icons logo website layout :J !

Last edited by lonk; 2012-02-04 at 14:53.

I get it now, thanks for the clarification I haven't played many browser games, it sounds like neopets but you can interact with each other

I can't think of any more suggestions right now, but cool, I'd still be happy to contribute!... small animations/icons logo website layout :J !
Are you a graphic designer ?
can you show any work u did before ?
or make one now ?
cuz i am setting up the server for the game
will need an under-construction background image
with maemo logo maybe

can you do that as a start ?

Please visit http://n900.okitoo.net FROM YOUR N900

Last edited by teamer; 2012-02-04 at 15:09.

My Favorite's

2d bike racing & Stunts Game with great physics something like Nate-Adams-FMX a Java mobile game and Bike-Mania

some ideas which will differentiate it from the games i mentioned above

1) Multiplayer (both of them are single player games)

2) except for you every other player will appear in ghost mode

3) it can be mixed with a stunt bike game like BIKE MANIA to make it more difficult

4) custom level editor(online) so their so we can never be short on Levels...

here are the screen shots of above games
Name:  e22668f0b4b30f3d53c06bdce647f78f.jpg
Views: 562
Size:  12.7 KB
NATE-ADAMS-FMX

Name:  693.jpg
Views: 576
Size:  23.5 KB
BIKE-MANIA

all the best
GODbless

Last edited by immi.shk; 2012-02-04 at 15:11.